The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chincagephoto.jpg

currently getting new things to add and make better. gotta get rid of the plastic litter pan for a glass one... something better to put her hay in. and i need to get her a wheel. i plan on putting a chinspin in it as well. i also really want to get a squiggle bridge!

I have three CNs and three FNs now. Here's the whole setup:
IMG-20120902-02305.jpg

IMG-20120902-02300.jpg

IMG-20120902-02307.jpg

Each cage except for the one on the far left houses two chinnies. The one on the left currently has 6 girls that I'm chinsitting for a friend, but three will be staying with me in that setup, although I may add an additional level for them.

Here is our newest set up! We just won some new items from Christine on the auction that will be going in soon (no clue where) and we have a Chin Spin coming shortly that will fill the empty space on the bottom back wall. The boys seem to love it already!

aefc7836-36ff-1759.jpg

Here is our newest set up! We just won some new items from Christine on the auction that will be going in soon (no clue where) and we have a Chin Spin coming shortly that will fill the empty space on the bottom back wall. The boys seem to love it already!

aefc7836-36ff-1759.jpg

This is what I need to do! I need to put a slab of tile to fit the shelf and replace the original plastic shelf pans. Where did you get the size of tile to fit the metal shelves? I have slabs of square tiles but they don't fit the metal shelves, and I'm worried about it falling off. Your cage set up looks absolutely amazing btw.

Thanks! I got a 1/2 slab of wood cut to fit the the metal shelf holder. Then tiled the part I wanted tiled with 4x4 tiles. Then wrapped the exposed wood with fleece. I left the edges untiled because we're getting scatter guards to put around the tile. It was really easy and fairly inexpensive (under 40 to do two gravity ledges).

Just set up little Severus' 2 story FN yesterday. He's loving the extra space!

Top:
7933699412_2ba4db5eb6_z.jpg

Bottom:
7933700390_03c4c00815_z.jpg

All closed up:
7933698270_a91f0c2fc6_z.jpg

Diana I like several things from your picture. The well organize jars to keep everything air tight. And the hay holder, where u get that?

Diana I like several things from your picture. The well organize jars to keep everything air tight. And the hay holder, where u get that?

I made the hay holder because he one had one of those hay ball things before, so he needed a replacement. It's not perfect, but it does the job. I try to do the DIY thing as often as I can get away with. It lets me get more for my money :)

All for ONE Chinny?! SPOILED!!

Still working on her home:)

Attachments

• chincage1.jpg
    chincage1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 177
  • chincage2.jpg
    chincage2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 163
  • chincage3.jpg
    chincage3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 157
  • chincage4.jpg
    chincage4.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 222
This is actually my second FN; I've been a member of the FN club for sometime now. But when I unexpectedly rescued a male chin, my original FN was divided in half, with my girl on bottom. Then when he chewed his way into her cage... well, I have three chins now, and I felt like a half FN will not be enough for the mother and daughter as baby grows. So I found this FN on Craigslist for $100, and I talked them down to $60 (it was a little rusty, so I got new bolts for it). Before I move back to my dad's house (grr, post college moving back home...) I have decided to get Rocky's cage all set up.

So I made all of my own fleece liners, a hammock, PVC lounger thing, a cuddle cup (stuffed with fleece), tube covers... and I did a ton of woodwork to make nice shelving today. We're not ready to move yet, so the are still some things missing, but I like to think I'm off to a good start.

423665_4707945455338_1238676036_n.jpg

310650_4707947375386_85054155_n.jpg

Finally got a FN 182 last night....upgrading from a feisty ferret. I'm pretty disappointed so far...it was actually missing a hole that I had to drill myself and nothing seems to fit right so I have to hammer every piece in. I'm trying to decide if I want to put the middle shelf in or keep it open since I doubt I'll be able to get this thing apart once it is together....any suggestions?

I am a new chin owner. I got my beige boy about a week ago and he will be 5 months on the 18th. I don't have a FN, but I did buy a two story CN and I'm just waiting on my Bass pans to come in. I'm thinking about getting him a friend when I get his new cage set up and I was wondering if they would be likely to fight or do most get along well with new friends?

Latest posts

Back