The Craigslist Experiment

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not at all Susan. It's absolutely fine back and forth. But if this is going to be an ongoing thing, I can see where it will be 100 pages long and still growing. That's a lot of space taken up. If it's a blog, there are more appropriate venues where it could be posted that wouldn't take up so much room on forum.

Bernard is a cutie. Perhaps he will get friendlier in time.

Maybe you can change his name to Saint Bernard (hehe)

Peggy...we will do just that. I don't think either of us was thinking the thread would take off like it did with all the side conversations and name suggestions. :neener: We primarily made this as something to follow and we aren't experimenting on chinchillas or anything like that (or are we? Purple chins anyone??? :tease:). We will make a blog or a page on one of our personal websites for everyone to follow.

We'd been seeing more and more advertisements for chinchillas appearing on CL and I've noticed much more postings in the CL parts of this forum. Since there seemed to be so many animals out there in need of homes, I personally wanted to see if it was really that bad. I've also got a ton of room and told Linda that if she found unwanted chinchillas I'd be more than willing to take them in. I guess the "experiment" was if there really are that many chinchillas that people are so desperate to get rid of that they'll give them away for free. Also, another aspect is to see if there really are THAT many people that search CL for "chinchilla" to find rescues/breeders/chin knowledgeable people, etc.

Anyhow, you can close this thread Peggy or anyone else with magical, admin, forum master powers.:hammer: Anyone that would like to follow the blog, send either myself or Linda(Chunkychins) a Pm and we will let you know when the blog is up. This way we don't take up anymore valuable forum space that can instead be used for answering other people's questions.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back