Tail?!?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BooBoo*TheKiddo*

After I got Maverick I noticed a spot on his tail where he was missing some fur. I'm not sure what happened to it because it was like that the night I got him.

mw63xe.jpg

2hnqavk.jpg

Any ideas? Will it grow back? Should I worry about it?

Maybe he was over grooming from stress, maybe it's from how he was sitting in a chair or maybe something happened when he was with the other girl. It should be fine if the area doesn't look bothered. The hair should also grow back in, remember that chins get their tail hair cut for shows as well, so deep breath and enjoy your new chin!:thumbsup:

Smush has a spot exactly like that except on the opposite side of his tail from a fur slip. I had them out to play a while back & forgot to cover the fireplace.. well he tried to go in there so I quickly nabbed him by his tail & he slipped a bunch of fur. It seems tail fur is the slowest to grow back because it's just now starting to look nubby.

I'd only worry about it if it's red, irritated, or scaly. Then it could possibly be a fungus.

Smush has a spot exactly like that except on the opposite side of his tail from a fur slip. I had them out to play a while back & forgot to cover the fireplace.. well he tried to go in there so I quickly nabbed him by his tail & he slipped a bunch of fur. It seems tail fur is the slowest to grow back because it's just now starting to look nubby.

I'd only worry about it if it's red, irritated, or scaly. Then it could possibly be a fungus.

Ha, as soon as you said fireplace I stopped breathing!!! Don't scare me like that!!! :unsure:

She probably picked him up by the base of the tail, and he didn't want to be, is all. It's pretty common.

Ha, as soon as you said fireplace I stopped breathing!!! Don't scare me like that!!! :unsure:

Hahaha it's a very old, never used, not working old gas fireplace. If they got in there is no where to go. The only thing I'd have to worry about dust bunnies bigger than them eating them!

maybe it's from how he was sitting in a chair

My chins don't have chairs.

It looks like it's a rub spot to me. Do you know what kind of cage she had? If the spacing was enough for his tail to stick out, it could've rubbed the fur off there. It will grow back.

Back