tags

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassie_m

711angelz
Does anyone tag their breeders, or just show chins? If you buy a breeder chin from another rancher do you have them tagged?

I ear tag my breeders incase someone gets out I know who they are. Regarding buying from a rancher I bought some that had ear tags some did not.

Tagging is preference. ECBC requires chins that are shown to be tagged, though some of their field days don't require it. Some breeders have hundreds of chins in breeding, so only tag those going to the ECBC shows.

Personally, I tag every chin I show, ECBC or MCBA. Some of the chins I show end up in breeding, so they have their tags. But I do not ask ranchers that I buy a chin from to tag them for me, nor do I tag ones not from my own herd that I put in breeding.

I tag any chin born here that I plan to take to a show. I tag them at weaning age. The only ones I haven't tagged are the ones that I can easily identify by sex and age... like my Recessive Whites or black velvets since I don't have as many kits born of those colors than standard and beige.

I got my tags from National Band and Tag Company. They put your ranch brand and numbers on it. I buy 100 tags at a time.

Latest posts

Back