Surprised.. and honored.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon

Me and my friend wre surprised today as we were chosen by our school to represent our school at a "Youth Parliament Bermuda".

Basically, on Commonwealth Day, March 9th, me and my friend will go to the Parliament Building, and get seats at the house of assembly to watch a debate on the Budget for 2009 and if we have any input.
Then, we get the oppurtunity to tour the House of Assembly and the senate, and they provide lunch for us.

I am very excited about this, and I cannot wait to give my input on the cut of the Police Budget, especially with the uprising crime in Bermuda.

:dance3:

Brando, I'm not surprised by this at all. You are an incredible young man! Congrats!

I went today!
They gave us a tour, we watched real government debates.. it was amazing!
The person who wears the wig (I forget her particular position) asked if anyone could take an hour off on Fridays and I said I could. She said I could be assigned a member of Parliament and be their pager (stand when they are speaking, faxes, copy things, etc.) and she was also talking about Youth Parliament. I gave her my number and sad I was interested in being part of Youth Parliament.

Youth Parliament is just like the real Parliant except it's teens. We do debates, etc., elections... I am very hopeful! We'll see where it goes from here! It is all very interesting! :D

Congrats Brandon. Have fun with it!

And the uprising of crime in Bermuda? Oh no! I always picture such a pleasant, calm place when I think of Bermuda, do you mean to tell me this is not so?

Thank you!

Chantel, it is very calm and peaceful- however, certain parts of town, just like any country, has it's hooligans who will mug you. It's just a matter of knowing where to not go! :)

Latest posts

Back