Super Pet Chew Proof Ferret Home?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterLover86

I'm glad I read another person's thread on adding another chinchilla because the responses have made me realize that I don't want to risk breaking Dodger and Raider's bond by trying to add Pola to their cage. I think I may have tried introducing them, but still would have come to that conclusion just because the idea of them fighting scares me to death. It's really not worth risking all 3 of their lives just to save space. I do have space for another cage so it's really no big deal.

Now on to the actual cage I was looking at :-X Because I currently don't have tons of money to spend (If I did, I'd buy another FN) so for the time being, I'd like Pola to have something a big bigger to live in until I can afford a bigger set up for him (and possibly another male friend in the future.. ;) of course, that would be a ways off)

61GF%2Bf%2B-DOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This is a Super Pet Chew Proof Ferret Home, the dimensions are:
30.5 inches L x 17.5 inches W X 28.5 inches H

I would of course remove the mesh shelves/ramps and have wood shelves for it.

My main question is, how do you guys feel about this cage? Have you heard anything good/bad about it?

Thank you so much in advance! I just want to make sure I get him something that fits my budget, and more importantly, will be a safe home for my baby :)

I've something close, maybe a little larger, and the problem I have is picking up the cage out of the pan for cleaning!
They can get pretty heavy when you add all the wood, and unless it has a wire floor, you have to remove your chin!

Last edited:
I also used to have one that was very similar but white and blue and had a pull out pan. I took the wire ramps out of it and the cage was extremely flimsy, even with wooden shelves. I don't really recommend those cages unless it's a last resort.

I have to agree with Rickman. They are a pain to clean. When I had one I had to use a shop vac to get the shavings out.

Hmm... well as far as cleaning goes, I was going to do fleece liners like in my other cage... but.. perhaps a single story FN would be a better choice..

I had a rescue come in with one, got his leg caught up in the wire shelves and nearly died. You would need to pull the shelves and cleaning it sucked

After the above comments, I've reconsidered and have decided that investing in a single-level Ferret Nation would be the smarter option. I already own a 2 story Ferret Nation and love that cage, and I know that I can easily expand the 141 when I have the money later on/ and possibly when I'd look into a male cagemate for Polaris(Pola). It's a little more than I was planning on spending, but better to spend $130 total now, than to spend $60, be unhappy with the cage, then eventually get another FN ;)

Thank you for your help!

I scoured all the ads that would be close to my area and none of the cages for sale are for FNs. Thought that is how I bought my first FN 142 2 years ago.

i have that same exact one. A little shaking, but overall a pretty good cage. I am hopefully, soon, when petsmart gets a ferret nation, get a fn, because i want another chin. Although that cage is WAY less expensive. I also took out the mesh bottom, i'm not sure if you mentioned doing that, but i added fleece instead, installed shelves. Ricky seems pretty happy in it.

Latest posts

Back