Super Pet Cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godins Chinchillas

Godin's Chinchillas
Does anyone have the large multi-level superpet cage? A woman who bought one of my chins 3 months ago returned her with her cage. I am taking out the plastic shelves and would like to add a chin spin or Leo Braun. Does anyone have experience with these cages. Can it hold one of these wheels?

This is the cage-
http://www.onlinepetdepot.com/deluxe-first-home-large-exotics-p-3540.html

Jessica

I don't think so, Jess. The wheel that's shown in the picture is an 11". I think a quality chin wheel would take up half the cage...especially with a wide running track. :(

That cage is extremely flimsy and poorly made. I don't even know if it would support wooden shelves. I end up with them all the time and it is so hard to just give them away because they aren't very good chinchilla cages and everyone wants something that the chin will not ultimately escape from!

It's a shame, but this cage makes the old super pet cages look like they are the sturdiest, best-made cages ever. The wires are so thin and bendy that I wonder what would happen if maybe someone ran into or a large dog jumped on this cage. You probably don't want to put a wheel in it...it may make the entire cage fall over or it would destroy the wires very quickly.

I used to have one of those cages when I had my rats and had one of the large silent spinner wheels attached to it. After a couple of months the bars that the wheel attached to snapped. That was with a plastic wheel and only 2 rats running on it, so I don't think the Chin Spin or Leo Braun would work with this cage.

Latest posts

Back