Suggestion for matted hair

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne-Lise

It's for my chin though, it's for a girl who doesn't speak English and I had no idea what to tell her. Her chin fell in the toilet during playtime as the lid wasn't closed, and after being completely dried hair on the side of the chins got really matted. She said it's close to the body, so close that it's impossible to cut it. After 2-3 weeks of regular bath, it didn't improve. She tried combing but hair is too matted and it didn't work. What would you suggest?

The best way to get matts out is to just pull them. I use a chin comb, the smallest one (the 4 I think) and just pull gently. The whole matt comes out, and nice new fur grows in. I don't know what she could use instead of a chin comb, as those really are best, but I am sure some sort of flea or rabbit comb that is a comb, not a brush, may be able to do the same.

The best way is to "pluck" them, by gently grabbing the matts and giving them a quick pull, it will cause the fur to release, just like a fur slip.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but I don't imagine the fur getting matted just from being wet... :dunno:

I use 3 different types of combs. The one type of dog comb with two levels of metal
prongs for detangling--that works good for my thick coat chin.

Back