Still having babies!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
Well not here. But here is a kit out of a pair I set up and she was bred when she went to JoEllen's! A black female out of a recessive white female and a black male, so she'll be a great asset to JoEllen's RW program!
There was another pic or two but I couldn't get them off my phone and onto my computer! :(

Attachments

• blk girl.jpg
    blk girl.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 89
Neeto! RW...which ones? And is the ultimate goal there TOV RW's? Has anyone accomplished this? I'm never really sure who's working on what...seems to be "hush hush" till it comes out :) like "white diamonds"

These are the Lowe's or Goldbars or whatever one wants to call them, lol. I know Serena in Canada was working with TOV and RW's but don't know if she got one or not. My purpose for breeding the TOV in was to get the thicker denser fur from the males line, if a TOV is produced then that's fine as well. JoEllen has my stock and I'm still involved and helping her with some pairings, etc.

In general I've learned that if there is a hybrid that can be made, someone will try it whether it's in the best interest of the chins or not. I know the BD's are spread so widely anymore I don't know who has them anymore. I have some friends working with them that I keep in touch with that are breeding for high quality not quantity and I have been poking in on their progress. These people don't even show or advertise their animals because they want to progress the quality of them first. I have a great respect for those who want to work with the lesser common mutations/hybrids for the over all interest of the animal. I see so many who only do it for the money anymore. :(

On a happy note I can't wait to see what this little girl produces! She will go back to the RW male that JoEllen got from me when I sold out the rest of my animals to her! :D

I'm not out to judge...some of the excessive mutations ARE being bred for quality, I'm mostly just curious at what progress is being made :) In general, TOV adds quality rather than detracts. I don't work with anything but basic mutations BUT I like to know who's working with what (and making progress) so that I can recognize that...to people looking to buy, to people looking for reputations of specific breeders of specific mutations, etc! I'd love to see the end result of a TOV RW :)

No worries, about judging. Everyone has their own thing. I have my opinion, others have theirs... My ideal is not everyone else's. :D I'm thinking it's about time I make a trip over to see how everyone's doing once I get better. Currently rocking a nice whole face infection issue from having my teeth pulled. :( I can't wait to see how she grows!

Latest posts

Back