Still Drooling

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harleychin

Hi Guys,
I have a question about my chin Dwyer. I havn't delt with dental issues befor so I'm not sure what is normal and whats not.
About three weeks ago my Dwyer had some dental fillings on some back teeth done. I'm still syringe feeding him and he's just starting to show intrest in his food but he's still drooling too. Is it normal to still be drooling? I'm going back to his vet tonight tonight as the drooling seems to dehydrate him. I'm starting to worry that they didn't get it all or that somthing else is going on.

Drooling could mean that there are root elongation problems, not just spurs on the parts of the teeth that are above the gum. Did they do full head xrays on your chin yet? That is the only way to know if the roots are elongated. Either way, your chin is likely in pain and pain management needs to be discussed with your vet

If the chin did not have a x-ray, it should have one and yes, its common for vets to miss points the first time out, swollen tissue and lots of drool cover things up. If the problem was gone, even a drama queen chin should not still drool after 3 weeks, not eat yes it can happen but no drool.

They did do x-rays and the roots looked good.Not growing down into the chin or up into the skull. I'm going back to the vet tonight and have a talk with them.They are chin savy,but I thought this drooling was going on to long.
Thank You so much,he's such a special little guy.He only loves Mama and runs to great me everyday.He even gives me little kisses on my nose. I just want him happy and healthy again. I'll do whatever it takes,but I won't let him suffer!

Back