Steels and Deals

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Saide

So I have been searching for the best deals on all kinda of cages for Chins and thought that maybe a thread for people to share their great finds would be helpful.

These are the best deals I have found thus far:

Ferret Nation Habitat 142
36''L x 25''W x 62 1/2''H
142wr.jpg

Price: $164,45

http://www.cagesdirect.com/ferret-nation-habitat-625h-p-1019.html

Quality Cage Company

30"w x 24"d x 48"h

index.php

Price: $175.50

http://qualitycage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=129_142_153&products_id=615

Those are the biggest cages with the best prices that seem good for chins that I have found. I like the wood perches in the Quality Cage. But the Ferret nation one is so pretty!

Last edited:
A couple things I've learned along the way are to call local sheet metal workers before ordering from Bass, and to check the local farm store before ordering things online. Even though it's not in the store, they order Mazuri food and Oxbow Timothy Hay for me. Saves on shipping prices for sure!

For those interested in Ferret Nations, some stores might honor their competitor's price. So if another store is selling it cheaper than your local store, you can try and see if your local store will sell it to you at the cheaper price.

ferret.com has the Marshall's Penthouse for about $145, including shipping. I just got one with a chin a few weeks ago, and I have to say the Penthouse is HUGE... Bigger than my QC Mansion.

The FN I bought from Pet Street Mall came today and it was FAST just to let everyone know. It took 3 business days to get here and everything is in tact!

That would have been great but from the link on that page its now $279.95. Granted that is with shipping but still. Thank you for all those links though, I hadn't looked there!

That would have been great but from the link on that page its now $279.95. Granted that is with shipping but still. Thank you for all those links though, I hadn't looked there!

Aw chinnie poop. I was hoping you were wrong because my husband told me I could order that cage at the end of the week....but you're right :cry3:

However, I convinced him it was possible the prices would raise at all the sites so he let me order it tonight from kennelvet.com. So, I was still able to purchase a FN 142 for under $200 including shipping. I guess I could have had ferret.com price match and saved an addition couple bucks, but oh well...it's ordered.

Sorry guys, didn't see that. Glad I got it when I did...wow. Yeah, kennelvet.com would be the next best thing.

Thats Awesome, congrats on the mad negociating skills! I hope you and your chin(s) are super happy with it!

I was checking out ebay today and found some great stuff. Like a Five level for under $150 including shipping. Needs a little work but... There is the single level FN model of under $100 including shipping if anyone is interested.

And the price and look of the shelves and perches from Quality cage you could modify for really cheap!

You can also buy wood at Lowes or Home Depot or other lumber stores for cheaper and make your own shelves.

Very True!

Does anyone have a list of peices for doing this? Possibly blue prints for things they made that their chins love? That might be another good thing to have on here.

Latest posts

Back