sprained ankle

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzi1780

Argh!! I was walking to my car yesterday (on my way to a job interview) and I fell off the unlevel sidewalk outside of my condo. Boy did I twist my ankle!! Everything fell out of my hands and I am very lucky I didn't face plant right into the asphalt. An elderly neighbor of mine witnessed this and yelled at me "You better watch where you are going!" It was very odd, the way she said it you would think I was running out of my building like a mad woman and I deserved to fall. So, I collected my belongings off the asphalt, including my shoe and sat in the passenger side (closest place I could side down) of my car for a minute to regain myself and limped around to the driver side and drove on to my interview. I was pushing bad tears during the drive as I did not want to mess to my makeup and show up to the interview looking like a drowned rat. Well the interview went well, and I did explain that I don't normally limp :laughitup: I went do the doctor a few hours later and had xrays done, nothing big just a sprained ankle. I am supposed to follow the RICE program - Rest Ice Compression Elevation

It is SOOOO annoying to have a bum ankle!! I would rather have the flu, because at least then you don't feel well and you want to sleep, with this my mind and 98% of my body is fine and wants to get things done! My mind keeps thinking okay, clean the house, go to the store, go to gym but my ankle says I don't think so! So I am stuck in the house lying in bed.

Sad thing is, I sprained the SAME ankle last year and was on cruches for a week... just before I had to move :banghead:

Once you sprain your Ankle once your chances increas 60% that you will sprain the same ankle again. I know how you feel I have done it so many times that I almost had to have surgery the last time to repair the torn ligaments. all you can do is rest and it will get better.

I completely sympathize, Suzi. I broke both of mine at the same time when I was 12. Ever since they have not been right. I sprain them several times a year. Just take a chair and prop your foot on a pillow next to the chin cage. Watch your girls, and eat chocolate :) Aleve really helps, and you can get these freezable sleeves at the drug store that wrap around your ankle. They help a lot.
I hope you feel better soon.

I sprained my ankle one time and it was AWEFUL. The doctor said to get a bucket of ice and water and soak my foot in the bucket slowly starting for 5 minutes at a time and work my way up to 20 minutes. I think that hurt more than the sprain itself. But I healed a lot quicker with that sprain than with any other sprain Ive had.

My dad broke his ankle one time and was given the same advice by a different doctor.. Good luck. Take an anti-inflamitory, get some icecream and magazines and start feeling better. Oh if you do the ice bucket thing you might want to get hot chocolate rather than ice cream.. LOL

Thanks for the advice everyone! I didn't realize ice would help so much, I have a admit I get lazy about putting ice on it, because of course it confines me to the bed which I don't like

Latest posts

Back