Southern California members...got a question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinder and Me

~Scuba Chick~
ETA: Um...I may have read something wrong here. Are those dimentions in inches or feet? LOL (If they are in inches, please ignore this post while I blush from embarrassment) :huh:

So I really want to make a play area for my girl (the bathroom just isn't that much fun anymore lol).

I want to get the tall section of cardboard pieces and tape them together to make a playpen.

Thing is...I don't need 100 pieces of 7'l x 5'w sheets. LOL
After shipping, the price is: $23.13
http://www.papermart.com/templates/26-0-10.htm#GO_26010

So, now my question. Would anyone in Southern California be willing to go in on this with me? I don't know what I would do with 100 sheets of this, unless I wanted to build her the world's biggest playpen palace. lol

I figured, with the extras I could make some little fun jungle-gym structures, but still....100 sheets is a bit much.

I'm in (northern) Orange County, CA but go to Valencia, CA (near Magic Mountain) once a month to visit my parents.

Now, if I somehow missed the area of the website where you can buy 10-15 sheets, please...direct me there so I don't but 100 sheets and get laughed at. :winkers:

Last edited:
A few members have created this type of playpen before and said that it worked pretty well. On CnQ a member posted pictures and it looked great!

I just can't remember the website she ordered her's from...

And yes, I'd be watching her. I never leave her unattended. :)

The dimensions are in inches. You'll want to get the larger sized pieces of cardboard.

I was going to order the large ones but I had to order 25 sheets of the larger and I didn't need near than many. I understand your pain.

Hey Im in So Cal, I would love to have some of those bigger cardboard pieces.

How tall should they be? length and width.

Last edited:
Hey Im in So Cal, I would love to have some of those bigger cardboard pieces

I will probably go for the 20 piece since the one I had posted about were 5" x 7" pieces. LOL

The 20 piece one is 36" x 72" (3' x 6') and I think that would be good. How many would you want?

I'm not real sure how many would be needed for a nice size playpen, and I'd like to keep a few sheets in case the playpen needs a touch up from destruction. lol

6 ft tall is a little overkill. I would go for shorter that way you get more boxes for your price. If I'm not mistaken I was looking at the 4 ft. ones and you got 25 for much cheaper than the 6 ft.

If you turn it on its side you could make it 3 ft. tall but then you lose the option to "accordion" it to store it when not in use. I would go for 2 ft. wide and then tape them together so that you can accordion it and place it behind a couch, or the cage or wherever.

6 ft tall is a little overkill. I would go for shorter that way you get more boxes for your price. If I'm not mistaken I was looking at the 4 ft. ones and you got 25 for much cheaper than the 6 ft.

If you turn it on its side you could make it 3 ft. tall but then you lose the option to "accordion" it to store it when not in use. I would go for 2 ft. wide and then tape them together so that you can accordion it and place it behind a couch, or the cage or wherever.

Do you really think that 4' would be high enough? I'm just worried that she'll be able to jump off "toys" and what-not that I put in the playpen. I was planning on keeping a few sheets as extras to touch-up the playpen if she chews the sides, and then make little structures for her to jump on and go into as well.
Hmmm.... 4' that might be good enough... lol

For the other people who have this type of playpen, that height did you get? Would 4' be high enough for your chin(s)? Thanks for the input! :)

Yea I would like to know the same thing. I would like perhaps 5-10 pieces. Of course you can have the first choice, since it was your idea!

OK, I talked with another member who has this set up and she has the 2' wide x 4' tall sheets. Lets do that one, what do you think?

With these sheets, it comes to $34.16 shipped (tax here is 7.75% and in Valencia its 8.25% so I'd rather ship it to my place than my parents lol). That comes to $1.37/sheet. Do you want to take 10 sheets and I keep 15? Are you ok with 10, or do you want more? :)

ETA: Lets continue through PMs so we don't bug members with our cardboard talk. :blah: haha

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back