Something's wrong with Bambi:(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmileX3

About 4 days ago I was feeding Bambi and on the door to her FN is a ledge. The door was open and she lunged beside me like she was tryin to jump on the ledge that she's used to being there and fell on the floor kinda on her side. She took off to run and when I grabbed her, I pulled some hair off of her tail on accident. I tried to see if her hip was hurt and she was so squirmy and flipping out that I couldn't tell. Well, since then she's been hiding under her fleece, which she never did before. She has plenty of places to hide. I just mentioned the fall because that's the only thing that has happened out of the ordinary. The reason I wrote this thread is because she has had her ears back since this has happened. I don't know if its because she's scared for some reason or what. Please let me know if this is a common indication of something or if its nothing to be worried about.

It's possible that she could have broken a bone or have been hurt from the fall. It sounds like she is most likely in pain and needs to be seen by a competent vet to check to see what is going on. Do not wait though, as chinchillas hide their pain and waiting can cause problems to manifest and get much worse.

I agree with Tif, the best thing for her is to take her to a vet for an exam and xrays to see if she has indeed broken something. Laying her ears back could be a sign of pain and she needs some meds for that.

Poor thing. The other two are right. Buddy likes to jump off of us and actually succeeded one day. There have been times that he has jumped off my shoulders and I have caught him behind my back. Don't know how but... When he did hop around it was almost like a hobble hop but he didn't move much and his ears were back. Within a day of having meds he was doing much better.

If they do find a broken bone or a sprain or something, make sure you limit her playtime (meaning no playtime for a while. Sucks seeing them in there and bored but it needs to be done) and try to take away any ledges she might have. It will truely help her heal faster. Hope she gets better soon!

Back