Someone Shoot Me...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewdrop

:cry3::banghead::cry3:

So since I'm going to be ordering an FN soon (Plan on ordering tomorrow/friday...whenever my last ebay package is safely delivered :thumbsup: )

After a lot of debate I decided I'm just going with the 141 right now. Since I'll need to get the bass pans, new liners, etc...it'll cost slightly more in the long run...but not too much.

ANYWAY Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time at Joanns picking out some fleece. I'm not a crafty person by any means....I don't have a sewing machine...but this can't be that hard. (My mom has made all my previous liners)

I Spent yesterday measuring/cuting/layering/re-measuring making sure everything was perfect before I began the torturous sewing process...

I spent ALL day (except lunch) Sewing this one liner....I just finished about half an hour ago. I was so pleased. it looks a LOT better than I ever could have imagined (coming from my hands...) So I pull the tape measure out..

I sewed it up too small! about 1.5 inches on one side and 1 inch on the other.

Pooooo!!!!!!

I thought I over measured enough to compensate for that but I guess not

:cry3:

we have all done something like that!!
Post it and the size, maybe someone can buy it from you :)

Also a pointer; wash the fleece before you sew...otherwise it will shrink even more. ;) I always leave around 2 inches extra on anything I sew that I can have some leeway in case I make a mistake or end up sewing too far from where I wanted.

Yes I did wash it first! My mom forgot to on the first batch of liners she made me...so we learned the hard way. LOL

Cutting it is a good idea. Thanks, I may see if I can pull off a shelf liner with it! If I can pull that off, I just might have enough fleece to attempt another liner. Hmm not enough of the quilted inside though..

And I think I did leave some for leeway. but apparently I either mismeasured or I just really sewed too far in...

After people stress out about making liners, they dont like to hear this, but I fold a large piece of fleece over itself 3 or 4 times and dont sew it. In fact I think it washes better like that

Latest posts

Back