Some of my "keepers"

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan

Dot lives forever!
These are some of the kits from 2010 that I've decided to hold back:

Pink White Female- I just LOVE her markings. I love her eye brows, and she is very nicely beige tipped all over. Mom is a Pink White, Dad a standard.

Brown Velvet Female-- I am hoping she'll turn out as nice as mom. Mom is a HUGE girl. Mom is a brown velvet, dad a standard. Her older sister (a beige) turned out very nice.

Standard female- She is from one of my favorite pairrings. I held back her older sister the year before and an older brother the year before that.. She's also staying. Both parents are standards.

I didn't pull out the black velvet male I'm holding back, or the Violet female I'm holding.. I'll have to grab pictures later :)

Please don't mind my crappy pictures.. I am horrible taking pictures lol

Attachments

• HPIM0465 (800x600).jpg
    HPIM0465 (800x600).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 135
  • HPIM0464 (800x600).jpg
    HPIM0464 (800x600).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 134
  • HPIM0444 (800x600).jpg
    HPIM0444 (800x600).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 126
  • HPIM0441 (800x600).jpg
    HPIM0441 (800x600).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 114
  • HPIM0446 (800x600).jpg
    HPIM0446 (800x600).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 110
Beautiful animals! Of course that Brown Velvet has my eye! lol Good thing most of you guys are to far to travel to! I'd be in so much trouble!

Thank you.. I am honestly NOT a beige fan (anyone that knows me well can attest to that)..so I am amazed that I am keeping back both a Brown velvet and a pink white LOL

Nice animals Meg! I haven't worked throughly with beige and am going to be doing PW's and Brown Velvets this year...so I'm not expecting much for quality as I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be looking for in beige and beige crosses...I'll hold some over to show at the Atlantic Chaper Show next season and that'll help me know what I'm looking for I suppose...any tips/info on what the judges look for in beige? I mean, the obvious is clairty and no red/brown hues...other than that? things specific to beige and beige veiling/phase? I've NEVER shown a beige as I've not worked with them extensively until now.

They are all so pretty. I love that standards face. Such a love bug face.

Dee I am at 6 kits so far this year... It's a very slow start!

Dee I am at 6 kits so far this year... It's a very slow start!

I'm at 0! But I think my section champ beige female from last year's York show may be pregnant. Fingers crossed!

At least this year we have an excuse, since we've gotten out of whites and violets and are just doing standards/ebs/the occasional tan!

Back