So I have to vent about this...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My middle school had a Bio teacher who brought her chins in to live with her class during the semester. Of course she was taking care of them so it wasnt ever an issue.

I would print out care sheets. Basic wording so no one could get mixed up. Maybe place them on the back of hot colored paper and laminate them. Place them next to the cage when the chins are brought back so all student who enter the room know basic info about chins/what they need/what they require.

I would also talk to the principle of the school. Every animal has to pass the principle to be allowed. If the principle was unaware of how poorly the animal was being treated then inform him/her. (did you get photos?? or can you? it would really help your cause). enlighten the principle about how chinchillas should be held and cared for and hopefully either he/she will agree that the enviorment is not suitable or hold the teacher responsible for the end care of them (which he should already be its his classroom its his responsibility what happens in it).

I think everyone makes mistakes when they first get a chin and if he cares enough about animals maybe he would be willing to take the additional steps to show his class how to Properly care for them. Which would be great.

Back