Sleeping on her side!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy

<--My little soldier!
My chin has always slept on her side! Is this normal? Or unsual? Since a few months old she'd lay on her side and sleep instead of the upright, on all 4 position! Is it strange??
She doesn't so atm, as she is ill!

It's normal, no need to worry :p

My chin seems to fancy sleeping while she stands up on her hind legs, not sure why :p

Chins sleep any way they want to... One of mine also falls asleep standing up with her hands folded over her belly. It's the funniest thing. I keep trying to get pictures, but she wakes up easily.

First time I had seen my chin on her side, my heart stopped as I thought she was dead! Now I see her lying on her side and I rush to get the camera.

Chins usually do prefer to sit with their hind legs. My chin sometimes props herself up on a teddy- Cutest thing ever! Yeah the first time I woke up to see Bubbles lay on her side I was on the verge of tears way before I managed to get to her cage :p

Don Ciccio never stops cracking me up when he sleeps. He sleeps sitting up with his head resting on his hammock. Sometimes he lays on his side in the fleece tube and let's his legs dangle off the edge.

Too funny!

Attachments

• IMG-20120318-00050.jpg
    IMG-20120318-00050.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20120318-00049.jpg
    IMG-20120318-00049.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 21
it is so normal... fyi.. one day you might see him sleeping on his side, with his head hanging off a shelf.. now the first time you see that, its scarey.. little buggers..haha

I think the scariest I had was when one of mine was sleeping on her back with her feet in the air. I freaked and rushed to open the cage door only to wake her up. She ended up scolding me and giving me stink eyes... hehe.

My chin has always slept on her side! Is this normal? Or unsual? Since a few months old she'd lay on her side and sleep instead of the upright, on all 4 position! Is it strange??
She doesn't so atm, as she is ill!
no its completly normal if not better, your chin is used to her enviroment enough to let her guard down and sleep

Back