Sleep Barking?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annieo

Loving Pet Owner
Handbag was doing his usual standing up with his face in the hidey hut corner sleeping today when he just started barking. I was sitting a couple feet away on the couch so I got up to see what the problem was and he was still sleeping. He hadn't moved nor woken up. Do they bark in their sleep?

Gus and Lady do that quite often... I think they're dreaming about treats and dust baths and happy chinny things :)

I guess it is pretty normal...maybe Handbag was dreaming of all the pictures Mommy takes.
Trixie was doing it today..for several minutes she would kind of bark a single bark every few seconds. Got me kind of worried..but she did stop.

haha...I learn something new every day. It is a little creepy. Almost as creepy as when he is sleeping with his eyes open (or looks like it) and won't move, so I go to check on him and he freaks out. lol. He must wonder why I stare at him all the time.

And yes, Marie, he is probably having nightmares of all my photo taking...or maybe wondering what I'm planning next :)

I have one that barks in his sleep all the time. Never heard him bark while awake though. I think it is a pretty normal chinnie thing. I think they have bad dreams...

Sugar will be sleeping and randomly wake up and start barking. A minute later, she'll be back asleep. I think chins get nightmares.. which is kind of cute. I want to know what they dream about!

I want to know what they dream about!

Frolicing in the mountains with the wild chins? NAH!

Lots of apple sticks, shreddies and cheerios? I think so.

Any certified Chinchilla whisperers or dream interpreters
in the house?

Ours do that too...not sure if its Willow or Tara though. I always go over to check on them right away and they're just sleeping away or giving me half-lidded looks as if to say "what?"

I think they do dream, and thus have nightmares.

Kishi was doing this last night, nothing like being wke up and having to get out of bed at 1 am to comfort my chin,when i have to get up at 4 lol.
the things you do for love eh?

Hee. I used to do that for budgies. I have everyone set up outside my bedroom with night lights so I don't have to worry or get up anymore. Sounds cold when I read that but it's best for all. Chipper has light during the day so it's only fair to make sure the birds have light at night when they scare themselves.

Chipper kacks in his sleep too. And he doesn't like me to wake him when he does it either. Maybe it's not a nightmare but a good dream of treats. I stopped waking him when he does it and started kacking back. My husband thinks I'm nuts. ;)

Aww that's so cute! Momiji doesn't bark in his sleep (he's actually very quiet) but he runs in his sleep when he's laying down on his side. It's adorable!

anna...it WOULD be your chin that kacked in his sleep lol. do you scare him during the day??? poor baby! lol

though, i wonder what furby is dreaming about...

My Furby kacks in his sleep all the time. :))

anna...it WOULD be your chin that kacked in his sleep lol. do you scare him during the day??? poor baby! lol

though, i wonder what furby is dreaming about...

of course it is! he's afraid of his own shadow. poor thing is a complete stress case :p

haha...I learn something new every day. It is a little creepy. Almost as creepy as when he is sleeping with his eyes open (or looks like it) and won't move, so I go to check on him and he freaks out. lol. He must wonder why I stare at him all the time.

And yes, Marie, he is probably having nightmares of all my photo taking...or maybe wondering what I'm planning next :)

Ok, so I have been wondering about the "sleeping with eyes open" thing. Do they do that? My Chins seem to but then I see them actually sleeping with their eyes closed. Do they just space out? Any insight?

Back