Singing to the chinchillas...I can't be the only one, right?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZChins

Pro Cage Cleaner Champion
Sahuarita, Arizona (a half hour south of Tucson)
Try this. Sing a made up song to your chinchilla in fake opera voice or whatever. Sing about how they need to be loved because they are fuzzy and cute. The chins come up to the side of their cages and listen intently. :) They really love human voices and singing really seems to entertain them and gather their interest.

A few minutes ago I was in my office, where the rescues are now (yay) and I was singing to them. The most bratty one (Coco) came out and put her little hands on the cage bars and just sat and listened calmly. It was very sweet and I would think that just about any other creature would be covering its ears upon hearing me sing my made up songs.

They really love their radio. I play a station that I think has made me crazy, but they love it. It has calm, upbeat music and certain songs make them seem to listen in more. I think Brittney called it Pokemon Trance. :D

I play movies for them in the office...the favorite of this week has been Edward Scissorhands. I think the music on the movie with all the gothic vocals does something for the five chins in there. :)

OK...now that you know that little tidbit...I should stop before I divulge something really embarrassing. :p

I sing to, so dont feel bad. They are the only ones who dont complain about me. Its nice to have an appreciative audiance. lol. I sing way off key. My chins aren't fortunate enough to have a tv, but they do have a radio. They have very good taste.

i made up a song to sing to my dog! lol now i just switch some of the words around and sing to the chins. i do not have a good speaking voice, therefore my singing voice is horrible.............but they dont seem to mind!

They don't care, they love the noise no matter what. You just have to sing a happy song...or talk like a pirate ARRRRRRRRRR. They like the pirate talk for whatever unknown reason. My only suggestion is to never do it around anyone else because they will think you are insane. :)

everyone already thinks i am insane when it comes to the chins! i am going up to talk to my boys in a pirate voice. aye aye matey!

Mine, too, Barb! In fact - it took me a bit to figure out why Lola was so mad one evening. I kept hearing her on a shelf taking pellets out of her dish and tossing them all over the place. I went and talked to her in the baby talk voice, and she was fine. Went back to what I was doing, and wham-o, she was at it again! It took me hours to figure out why she was acting that way! Turns out - my sister was over and I was playing and baby-talking to my 6 mo. old nephew and Lola was JEALOUS! HAHAHAHA!

I know this is an old thread but i sing to my Chin too :thumbsup: My little guy is 3 months old and he gets very calm and sometimes even will sleep when i sing Safe And Safe (by taylor swift) to him. He usually has that effect to all ballad songs. Especially that one. :) i love my little dude <3

Uh..so.. in the past I've sung occasionally something to the chins and they basically looked at me like I'm crazy and went right on ignoring me. But the other night, during playtime.. I started singing Fresh Prince of Belair (sp) and they both stopped and I /swear/ they were listening to me the entire time! *facepalm* :rofl:

we go out to sing kareoke sometimes and I always "warm up" while taking care of the chins before we go. my lottle chin barn makes me sound AMAZING! :) the chins always come to the front of the cages..... but im pretty sure they just want treats hahahaha. I leave a radio on for them and I can say that if for some reason ::coughhusbandcough: turns it off they get very restless

My chins are named after songs (Crash Into Me, Could You Be Love, and Champagne Supernova) so of course, they get 'their' songs sung to them when I'm cleaning etc.. I also fiddled with the words to "You Are My Sunshine" for YouBe, so he has 2 songs. I have yet to have them sing along with me, but they do usually sit and listen when I do. :)

Back