Sigh of baby relief...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRose

Well today was an awesome day at my house. At the end of January I took in a little ebony girl, year and a half, and named her Arwen. About Mid March I noticed she put on weight which i hoped was from getting better nutrition. But then I felt flutters in the tummy. Either there was a baby in there or chinchilla's stomachs kick when they are upset. So I took her over to Tabby to confirm and for advice. (Tabby you are awesome. Thank you, thank you, thank you) So we thought Arwen had one based on the fact that she was a small chin and got her some extra oats and Life Line to get some weight on her. Well this morning when i was off to school there was a baby!!! Pretty ebony. My roommate checked on them when I was at class and when I got back there were two!!! Very surprised. But very relieved that they seem to be doing fine as is mom and both are just over 40g. Actually as we speak I am planning on going over to see Tabby and peeps (as in peoples, not The Purple Peep..lol) to enjoy some cookies, sex some babies, and just be happy it turned out well. Wanted to post some pics so here we go...

The first one is Arwen before I knew she was pregnant.
#2 and #3 are the ebony baby I first saw
and #4 and #5 are the second baby who greeted me after school.

Attachments

• DSC01487.jpg
    DSC01487.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC01526.jpg
    DSC01526.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC01527.jpg
    DSC01527.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC01532.jpg
    DSC01532.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC01542.jpg
    DSC01542.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 78
The babies are adorable :) I got to play with them and sex them little crazy things, but I'll let Barbie announce what they officially are. :neener:

So we (Tabs, Linda and I) are deciding that one is an ebony girl and the other is a Black Velvet boy. Linda (ChunkyChins) tried to steal the little girl as I stole chinchilla cookies to eat. All in all I think I am winning. :tease:

I'm all giddy because I got to hold baby Chinchillas!!! :heart3: :heart3: They're adorable!!!

Here are some pictures that I took of them..

-Linda (ChunkyChins)

Attachments

• BVboy1.jpg
    BVboy1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 30
  • BVboy2.jpg
    BVboy2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 30
  • BVboy3.jpg
    BVboy3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 31
  • ebonygirl1.jpg
    ebonygirl1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 30
  • ebonygirl2.jpg
    ebonygirl2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 31
LMAO! There are some technical difficulties in this house at the moment...Barbie and Linda are sharing a computer and the computer doesn't want to log one out so the other can log in...I don't know if anyone can tell but I am HIGHLY amused.:laughitup:

People are reading over my shoulder...I'm trying to tell them to read once I POST it!! OMG...they did it again! FIRED! They are FIRED!!!

I for one am extremly jealous. When I feel the chin addiction kiicking and screaming I have to get some faded old grouchy chin rescued from Craigs list. Everybody else gets adorable newborn babies, Waah

LMAO! There are some technical difficulties in this house at the moment...Barbie and Linda are sharing a computer and the computer doesn't want to log one out so the other can log in...I don't know if anyone can tell but I am HIGHLY amused.:laughitup:

People are reading over my shoulder...I'm trying to tell them to read once I POST it!! OMG...they did it again! FIRED! They are FIRED!!!

You'd never fire me!!! :tease:

SO cute, glad they arrived safely without complications to momma!

Right before I left and was trying to steal the little ebony girl we took more pictures of her.. and now I feel bad because I feel like we favored her. Poor little BV baby. :(

I just found these..

Attachments

• ebgirl1.jpg
    ebgirl1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 15
  • ebgirl2.jpg
    ebgirl2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 15
  • ebgirl3.jpg
    ebgirl3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 17
  • ebgirl4.jpg