Show off baby New Year!!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pookinaround

FUZZ BUTT ENTHUSIAST
Hope that everyone had a SAFE, fun and happy New Year!!!

I think it would be fun to showcase your first 2013 baby chin!!!! I have a couple of girls who may pop soon but nothing yet. Who's gonna be first???

:celebrate:

Last edited:
I had quads born today. (I hate quads....) Born to a first time mama. There is one medium ebony female, two dark ebonies (one male and one female) and a tan female. I really only wanted one or two babies out of her, but she had to be an overachiever. They are 54, 48.50 and 46 grams, their weights are pretty good for being quads and out of a first time mommy.

From the looks of it with trips and quads so far maybe this is gonna be the sign of a veeery productive year for all...! CONGRATS on your quads!!!

We had triplet boys this morning. One standard and two ebonies. I started a thread about them in the breeding section. Pictures coming soon.

This is our first time having New Year babies so I was shocked to see triples two mosaics and a standard. We only had 1 mosaic born last year so glad to have these two.

001-8-1.jpg

I am not taking any responsibility for any quads born this year so you all know. :p Congrats to you all.

We had our first litter of quads born two days ago to a first time mom. Must be the year of quads....

Just looked at pookinaround and Cat75s websites and your chinchillas are amazing I cant imagine having that many chinchillas but if I could I would, you guys ROCK, and I noticed that Cat75 is from illinois thats great, I was born and raised in Aurora, Il back in the 70s and early 80s, even though my old neighborhood has turn to gangs, but i still love the chicago bears, and I miss the people in the mid-west.

Just looked at pookinaround and Cat75s websites and your chinchillas are amazing I cant imagine having that many chinchillas but if I could I would, you guys ROCK, and I noticed that Cat75 is from illinois thats great, I was born and raised in Aurora, Il back in the 70s and early 80s, even though my old neighborhood has turn to gangs, but i still love the chicago bears, and I miss the people in the mid-west.

Hey thanks! I am OBSESSED with chins...lol! Happy New Year!

No "C" babies for me so far this year and I am seriously hoping for a trend of singles and twins this year. Me and my girls need a break after all of the trips and larger litters I had here last year!

Congrats everyone on their 2013 kits! No "C" kits here yet...I'm getting a bit anxious! ;)

First "C" baby born this morning. A huge Black Velvet male. Introducing C1. Starting the year off right with a litter of one instead of quads-priceless!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 38
I don't usually get anything until the end of January/beginning of February so we'll see how this year goes. I've got my fingers crossed for singles and doubles...healthy kits are my goal over production and my females do best with one or two babies. I ended 2012 with two single litters, so let's hope that is a trend my pregnant girls are going to follow. Two girls are definitely pregnant in my chin room, hoping for litters soon and both can have violet babies which would be awesome for the 2014 show season!

Not the year of the quads for me!!! C1 and C2 were born this morning...in separate litters. Yes! Starting the year off with two healthy, fat, single litters is awesome. :D

Back