Shipping problem: Fed Ex claim filed.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3CsMommy

My babies Rock!
Western NY aka: Our Zoo. (We only lack a bird.)
So, I know a lot of users here are far more familiar with Fed Ex's shipping policies than I am, and I need some input.

I have a cat that has stopped using the litter boxes. I suspect it's because Feline Pine clumping litter now contains pellets from the other type, and she prefers very fine, soft stuff. So, I ordered a bag of World's Best litter, which the Fed Ex website says was delivered Wednesday at 1:30 PM. But, my other half would have just gotten home from dropping me off at work then, so he'd have heard a knock if there was one, or seen it at the mail box when he left to pick me up later that night.

When nothing arrived by today, I called Fed Ex to see what's going on, and a service rep put in a lost package claim for me. He didn't give me a claim number, though, so I don't know if that was because I called after business hours and he couldn't generate one, or if not having that number is going to jump up and bite me in a couple of days.

Anyway, I suspect that the driver simply left it at the communal entry way with our mail boxes instead of climbing 2 flights of steps to leave it at my door. That suspicion is based on a previous occasion when an emergency shipment was marked as "undeliverable" because we "weren't here" when in actuality the driver didn't even bother to get out of the truck. However, we were watching the website, so I was able to call customer service, get the truck turned around, and get the package redelivered before anything was damaged.

If it's the case that the driver *didn't* leave the box at my door, but rather left it at the mail box, my concern is that they'll say "Your fault for not requiring a signature" and not refund/replace the shipment.

If she (it's always the same driver on a regular route that includes my place of work) didn't even bother to leave the package on the premises as retaliation for calling on her the last time, do I have any recourse with Fed Ex? It'll be a case of "she said-she said" with their paperwork showing due diligence by their employee, so I might just be up the creek.

I also can't rule out the neighbors on the first floor taking it, based on the number of times I've gotten shipments late, or banged up enough to see the contents/have things fall out. There are 3 cat owners in this building, and the girl across the hall is not the type to steal from another starving college student who helped her move a **** heavy sofa at midnight. I try to be a good neighbor, which is why I'm sick to think that somebody would steal from me. And yet, the evidence points to the drunken druggies on the first floor, which has me ready to go beat their door down right now.

What, in your experience, will Fed Ex do here?

I would call Fed Ex tomorrow the office is probably open or 1st thing Monday morning. When you put a claim in I thought they should have given you a claim or reference number. Maybe your driver is just lazy. I shipped packages to my son in DC and his girl friend in NY they have someone in the office to collect packages.

You're not out much, that cat litter sucks.

Am I understanding that she doesn't like the pellets? This sounds counter productive, but if you spray down the pellets, they break apart into fine pine "dust" as I call it. Still very soft and absorb well. That's how the horse folk doing it with their pine pellets. :D

Nothing I said helps with the package, but FedEx has always been good with helping me find lost packages! Godo luck!

Can you have stuff delivered at work? That's what everyone here does.

I second Riven's advice on spraying down the pellets first. It doesn't take much and they turn to sawdust.

You could also just go to Lowe's and get a bag of that white play sand for $4 and throw some baking soda in there to help with the odor. Usually all that is in cat litter is clay and baking soda with scents added.

Update: I got a call at 8:10 this morning, from the driver that made the delivery... to the wrong door. He said he'd check the door where he left it when he came through town today, but I've checked both doors to my apartment and the downstairs: It's not there, nor did I get a call back.

So we'll see what the next step is regarding getting my money back or something.

Unfortunately I can't have Fed Ex delivered to me at work; it's a retail store. I'll have to see about wetting the pine pellets, but if I have to do that every time I need to change her box, I'm going to go looking for another cat litter anyway. I'm not paying $14/box to have to fart around with it. Miss fussy butt's going to have to adapt.

She didn't like the chick starter + baking soda, and it's too darn heavy until I can get my back fixed. The new Blue Buffalo walnut shell litter molds in the corners of the box, and it's heavy. That's also the killer for clay litters (I live in a walk up). Arm & Hammer and the Tidy Cat naturals smell too strongly for her and aggravate my fiancee's asthma. I need something lightweight and fine/fluffy, so it's World's Best or Swheat scoop, but now I'm scared to attempt to order it, in the event somebody steals it again.

This whole situation just has me incredibly annoyed.

I'm not paying $14/box to have to fart around with it.
Eegads! I get a 40lb bag for $4.99 at Tractor Supply, it's what I use on the chins. I've had a lot of success using it on declawed cats that refuse to use the box. A long time ago I used litter pearls and liked them but it only works for one cat.

I can't blame her on the chick starter, that stuff is and feels disgusting! Not to mention sharp and I get all swelled up handling it. I only use Grower/Finisher and Flock Raiser now.

Update: Package was "found". A neighbor claimed he "thought it was his car parts". (When it reads PetFlow right on the side... I must look like I just fell off a turnip truck.) So I've established a protocol with FedEx for home deliveries that'll keep him from getting access to my packages. It's about all I can do at this point until we can find a place to move. :(

Litter problems: we'll see how she likes World's Best and if I can get her to stop using the bathtub instead of the box.

Back