Shedding??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IslandDreamer322

Ok- So one of our chins appears to be shedding?? At first I thought he might be chewing his fur- but i do not think that is the case. I find hair everywhere in his cage. It looks like he is puffing the hair out of his back and butt area. He is acting normal... just making a mess! Never had this issue before with him or any of our other chins and we have had him almost 2 years... thanks!

That is EXACTLY what it looks like!!! Thank you very much. Do all chins do this?? I have never seen it in any of ours?? But thanks for the quick response!

... you usually start noticing it at about 1.5 yrs old i guess... OR if you dont dust REALLY often, i have noticed it more... as i only dust once a week, besides for show animals.... it seems like the more you dust the less you notice the "shedding"

I comb my chins before every bath. I even use the lint roller (after you roll it over your
pants once) during the peak shed times. They get 2 to 3 baths a week. I didn't know
about priming-good info; although my chins are 5,4 & 2. But, love that soft new fur
after they go through their shed.

Back