Secret Santa sighs

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeanette

From Q to H
Well, it's officially March...

So, I guess I can rant about this because this person will not be mentioned and there is no way for anyone to find out who it was, as C&Q is now down. I just want to say that I really look forward to secret santa time here and most of the fun is in the giving. The person who had me up and left, (I don't know if they had family issues, died, got amnesia, etc., so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point.). I'm not mad that I didn't get anything... even if the person were to have sent me an email saying 'I'm so sorry, but X happened and I feel bad, but I can't afford a gift', I would have been more than okay with it. But they didn't and it sort of feels like when you're picked last for sports or when you drop your ice cream cone you were looking forward to all day!

But did anyone else get shafted? I think that's a really cruddy thing to do! The present that I sent to my secret santa was late because of a shipping/email confirmation error and I felt just HORRIBLE! I was so relieved when she got it and ecstatic when she liked it!!

I originally wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want people to think badly of this person. But now this person is completely anonymous, so I shall rant away!
err... that's all!
:cry3:

Jeanette! I'm sorry! You should have let us know so we could have beat her in the head. (I remember who your Santa was still cuz I picked her specifically FOR you since I figured it'd be a gift she COULDN'T screw up, and it looks like she did) :(

I had that happen a few years back on another forum. It really sucked. I was luck though Serinity was the sweetest thing on earth and sent me a gift after we learned the other person bailed.

If I'm involved in organizing it again this year, the person won't be.

Anyone else who didn't get their present, PM me with who your Santa was. I'll start a list of "bad Santas".

Last edited:
Jeanette I just want to say if I ever have the chance to pick you for a sport you will be first!

Sorry you got shafted Jeanette :( I agree with you as well that you should have at least got an email. Not trying to steal the thread, and I know we are over 9 months from xmas, but this sounds like fun, can any member join in your secret santa fun?

Sorry you got shafted Jeanette :( I agree with you as well that you should have at least got an email. Not trying to steal the thread, and I know we are over 9 months from xmas, but this sounds like fun, can any member join in your secret santa fun?

If they let me in, they'll let anybody in LOL. It is a lot of fun! Can't wait for next time.

Awwww, I know EXACTLY how you feel! I did the same thing on an odd forum this last year as well...and I wasn't even given the courtesy of being told WHO it was!

You would think they could at least send an email or something to let you know! So sorry! :(

At least you didn't PAY for your secret santa gift and never receive it, and then the person disappear...I've been there. But I totally understand your frustration with the whole ordeal. It happened to me last year, which made me very reluctant to participate this year. I still don't know exactly what happened to my secret santa package, because the shipper said she shipped it, but it never got to me, and I was very disheartened. Fortunately, she let me pick things from her store to sort of "replace" it. She didn't have to, and I appreciate that she did, but it was still frustrating. Perhaps you could have Ash send an email to the various chinnie/hedgie stores and see if anyone received an order from this person, or if they just completely vanished? idk

Bad Santas lol. I know how you feel, I was the only person who didn't get a gift in our work secret santa :(
Wow... that's a LOT more public! Did everyone know who it was that didn't give you anything?

And you guys are so sweet. :)
I was expecting people to be like "it's March, get over it..."
And my SS hadn't been on C&Q for months and I searched for her here and I don't think that she's a member.

One year I participated in Secret Santa, and I bought the gifts from a really good online retailer. They came highly recommended by alot of people who I knew as well as the person I was secret santa for, and they stated they shipped the item to the person I was buying for, but the person never got it.

We had a bit of a stink about it, because they showed a reciept for proof of shipping but refused to send the person (and the person was also a repeat customer of theirs too. That is another reason I went to that retailer for the secret santa gift.) another gift. I was out $25 not including the shipping, and the person I bought for was also out of their gift.

It was a lose-lose situation and it made me feel like a complete jerk. I probably looked like one at the time (it was on another chin forum) because I couldn't do much when the retailer refused to send another box out and kept claiming they had sent it. :no:

I'm not saying that may be the case here, I don't know who the secret santa person was - but just saying that sometimes, it isn't the secret santa's fault - could be the retailer they bought from, too.

Good point. It may not be the Secret Santa's fault. The one year I was contacted in March by someone who had bought and paid for a SS gift in early Dec and the online retailer had not yet sent it out.

Perhaps there should be a recommended against using seller list.

I'd like to suggest that perhaps the SS be started a bit earlier. For those of us in Canada that are giving or receiving, at the best of times, parcels to and from the US can take 2 weeks. The closer it gets to Christmas the longer it takes.

One year I participated in Secret Santa, and I bought the gifts from a really good online retailer. They came highly recommended by alot of people who I knew as well as the person I was secret santa for, and they stated they shipped the item to the person I was buying for, but the person never got it.

We had a bit of a stink about it, because they showed a reciept for proof of shipping but refused to send the person (and the person was also a repeat customer of theirs too. That is another reason I went to that retailer for the secret santa gift.) another gift. I was out $25 not including the shipping, and the person I bought for was also out of their gift.

It was a lose-lose situation and it made me feel like a complete jerk. I probably looked like one at the time (it was on another chin forum) because I couldn't do much when the retailer refused to send another box out and kept claiming they had sent it. :no:

I'm not saying that may be the case here, I don't know who the secret santa person was - but just saying that sometimes, it isn't the secret santa's fault - could be the retailer they bought from, too.

You mean Stacie and I didn't start and end it early enough last year?! I figured with names being out before Thanksgiving, it would have been plenty of time! :(

I'm sorry you didn't get anything. I wasn't active early enough, I hope to be able to join in this year.

Bad Santas lol. I know how you feel, I was the only person who didn't get a gift in our work secret santa :(
This happened to someone at my boyfriends job. He's a manager, felt so bad he went out at lunch and got something for them, so he ended up Santa to 2 people.

Jeanette, since it's March already, can you tell us what you asked for? I'm nosy :)

Latest posts

Back