Second batch of babies... a Diamond in the rough

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we allowed to know who they are going to? Just curious as to who will be working with them. The babies are adorable BTW, looks like the one violet is giving the BD a little kiss! :)

I'm not sure if the other person wants it public so at this time I'm not disclosing that for their privacy. They may decide to disclose that later, or ask me to. :D I do know that the buyer is an excellent candidate to work with them. I'll be sad to see them go, but I know it's what is best for the quality of the Diamond's.

I wouldn't have the resources to work with 'em. Heck, I find sapphire challenging...course, the only ones I dealt with just did not pair overly well with my herd. Some did, a very few...but a majority did not. Congrats on the bright kit, very pretty color.

That's fine, I figured it was either private or I missed it. I'll look forward to hearing more about them.

BTW - I still haven't heard back from my son on the animation project for your mom, will let you know as soon as I hear. The time difference makes communicating with him hard plus I was at a show this weekend.

They are super rare but not because they're difficult to produce. They're rare because the resources needed by a GOOD breeder to produce QUALITY blue diamonds is rare. I imagine she used some cross of vc/sc x vc/sc OR violet/sc x Sapphire/vc OR blue diamond x blue diamond :)

The original animals I'm working with came from Denmark, this includes a blue diamond male. It is a double recessive mutation, meaning it has to carry both genes. It wasn't a fluke deal, I've been working with them coming up on a year now, but due to some changes in my standard lines, I just don't think that I'm going to be able to do right for them. The bad thing with something like this is, it would be very easy for someone to get them just to produce them, but that will only hurt them quality wise, right now they need to be worked with by someone who will pay close attention to using top quality animals and such.

Latest posts

Back