Salutations from SF :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teppi

Hi from San Francisco everyone... I've been lurking about this forum for some time to take advantage of all the great info that's been posted. Thought it was time to introduce myself :) Rather new to chin parenting, I have two 2yr old males, one beige (Toby) and one black velvet (Taro).

Thanks for sharing your collective knowledge here, I'm sure to have a question or two myself to post.

Welcome to CnH. Please post pix, we love to see everyone's chins.;)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. How rude of me not to include pics :)

This is Toby.

This is Taro.

They are as different as night and day, but we love them equally! They even have their own Facebook page "Chinchilling". They offer so much content in the way of pics and videos that our own pesonal pages would have been quickly overwhelmed :)

Just curious if anyone else has a chin with a corkscrew tail? The breeder that we bought Taro from said he was the runt of the litter and "defective" because of his tail, but I had my heart set on a Black Velvet, and I guess I have a soft spot for "runts." His tail is always tight against his little backside and has made a permanent indentation in his fur. But his balance doesn't seem to be affected by it, in fact he is quite the little stuntman. Wondering if it might have any long term adverse effects? I think it's actually quite cute :)

Welcome. My brown velvet has the corkscrew tail - I call him my little piggie. :)) It is undesirable for showing because the tail messes up the fur on the back, but otherwise it causes no other problems.

Latest posts

Back