safe?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
willow is safe for chins, but for the price you pay for that tiny little package at petsmart, you could get even better (and more) willow from one of the vendors on here, or other wood that is guaranteed to be safe for your chin.

I know that Ronda on here sells willow, get in touch with her :))

Just a note, many chins (or at least mine) seem to prefer thinner sticks. They might like them that big too though, I've never tried it.~~

Another thing on the sticks from petsmart (and other pet stores), is the sticks may not be as fresh as what you could get from Ronda or another vendor who is frequently ordering new wood in. My chins seem to prefer the fresher wood vs wood that has been stored for awhile. Just a thought! :)

quite a while back i picked up one of those superpet 'apple stick and puzzle loofah pieces' combo packs for Rhino. he took a long time to chew the wood, and much preferred the apple wood i got from somebody via one of the chin forums i belong to.

Back