Ryerson carriers

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peep_erz

I am super laggy and finally ordered my ryersons carriers. I ordered them on the 5th and was wondering how long they normally take to ship. I'm getting antsy and want them NOW! hehehe.

Also, for those who have them, what do you use for the bottom? Do you put normal bedding, fleece, leave it bare, or something else? I was contemplating doing mini fleece liners but then I was worried about them peeing on it. Especially Baba since he loves to pee where and when I don't want him to and will sit and roll in it if he is feeling really bratty.

The Ryersons have been busy as it is a major show time right now, both organizations' Nationals shows are this month. I'm sure it will arrive soon. =)

I made 1/2" wire inserts to put in mine, they raise up about an inch from the bottom and I put shavings underneath. This keeps the chins from staining themselves on their urine while I'm travelling, and keeps them from shoveling out all the shavings as well.

I am going down to the Ryerson in a few weeks and I will buy one of these. All those that I saw were just used with regular pine bedding. And where do you guys take these little food bowl to go in it??

I just use shavings. And then I put a handful of hay in there for them to chew on while they're in there. Some people have made fleece liners, but for me shavings is just as easy. The lip on the front is high enough that the shavings don't really get kicked out unless they're in there over night or something.

I am super laggy and finally ordered my ryersons carriers. I ordered them on the 5th and was wondering how long they normally take to ship. I'm getting antsy and want them NOW! hehehe.
I agree they have been very busy but sometime they have to make them. It won't hurt to give them a call or email and make sure it didn't get lost.

I am going down to the Ryerson in a few weeks and I will buy one of these. All those that I saw were just used with regular pine bedding. And where do you guys take these little food bowl to go in it??
You might want to call and make sure they have the one you are looking to buy. There has been times they have to make it.

I also use pine shaving in the bottom. Ryerson also sells the wire inserts to go in the bottom.

I use pine shavings. The Ryersons are really good at getting things to you and often they make things in downtime and have them "in stock" so to say

Ryerson's sell little feed dishes that hang right on the door that are super handy when travelling. I put some pellets in there, give them some hay to munch, take along a water bottle for when I stop for the night, and I'm good to go.

Ooo. Those feed dishes sound nifty. I don't think my boys will be in the carrier any longer than it takes to get to the vet but I should get some just in case.

So I guess I had no reason to be antsy. UPS tried to deliver them today but no one was home. :( Hopefully I'll get them tomorrow!!!

I have 4 sets of mini fleece liners that I made out of scraps that I use, and can switch out as necessary. We haven't really had to do any long travelling yet though. I also bought these little mini terre cotta pots to stuff some hay in. I put some industrial velcro on the bottoms to keep them from moving around.

Yeah Cat75, I will call them when I know everything I'll wanna get. Thanks for the advice!

I use shavings in my carriers. My husband made my 8 hold carrier for me last year. I had him put a 1/2 wire floor and the shavings go underneath. Works great.

Back