Ryerson Carriers Airline Approved?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paula1101

Chinstar Extraordinaire
Hey folks, sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, I didn't see anything terribly recent.

Does anyone know if Ryerson carriers are airline approved, specifically, Delta? I'm hoping to have 7 chinchillas shipped toward the end of February and we're trying to figure out if a 10 hole (or possibly 8 hole) Ryerson carrier will be acceptable. The breeder is shipping a chin next week and will take the 10-hole carrier with her and ask then, but I thought some folks here might have some insight, perhaps, or recent experience?

Thanks.

Yes they are.

Their carrier policies are actually rather lax. I had animals come in from Denmark in an open top carrier with a bottom that looked like it was made of a beer flat...

I never understood putting a chinchilla on a plane. If a car ride can stress some of them out, i can only imagin what a plane ride would do to them...

Actually you may want to call and double check - I know I shipped some animals a few months ago and the requirements had changed for the airline I used - wasn't delta (was frontier) but never hurts to ask to be sure. Frontier had revised restrictions about how the wire had to be secured from what I can remember. I ended up being able to ship with the shoots style cardboard carrier. And I don't think Frontier does it now. I remember us just beating their deadline for transport.

Yeah, that's a good idea; the breeder I'm buying from is going to take both carrier options with her next week when she ships out some other chins and ask. I was just wondering if anyone had recent experience to share because I'm severely impatient. :)

Are you shipping with the tall 8 or 10 holer? I find those tip easy when I am driving with them. I can only imagine it would be the same in flight. I always have to strap them down.

Back