Rosehip Seeds

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pants567

So I gave FenFen a whole rosehip yesterday, usually he takes a couple bites out of them and then drops it and it gets lost into his bedding. That or I'll break it up and dump the seeds into a baggy and just give him pieces of the shell. Yesterday he bit it in half and dumped the seeds onto the shelf and then ate the seeds. He's fine today and was fine all last night. Should I dump the seeds out in the future or is it harmless for him to eat the seeds?

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it was ok for him to have them before next week when he gets his next one. I've found that only giving him treats once or twice a week makes him like them even more! Which is probably why he started eating the seeds haha

the seeds won't hurt him any. both my boys absolutely ignore the seeds and don't like the fuzzy itchy yellow stuff inside a rosehip either. if they get it on them they nose swipe like crazy. i switched to crushed rosehips because my boys have me well trained, hahaha!

Yeah, I was watching him to see if he would clean off his face but he completely ignored the itchy stuff. I think it bothers me more than it bothered him because when it gets on my hands I just start freaking out trying to get it off, he just kept eating.

Back