RIP Ice-P

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kendra

I noticed there wasn't a memorial thread in this area, so I decided to just post this here.

I don't know if anyone remembers from the other forum, but we had a pigeon get very sick (we had found him on the floor of his aviary).

After swinging between seeming like he was going to be back to his old self to really sick again for months he finally passed on. He put up a gallant fight, and always was a fighter- why we called him mighty P. We never found out what was wrong, we thought we were on the right track, he'd get better, then crash again, we'd follow another route and he'd get better, then crash.

He died this afternoon, the little guy is in a better place now. Part of him lives on in Eros and Psyche- who definitely have his spunk and everything. It's so sad, he was only a couple of years old. I like to hope that he knew he was loved and is in a better place now. :tissue:

Kendra,
I'm sorry for your loss. I know he knew he was well loved and knows too he will be remembered by you. Until you meet again over the rainbow bridge---sleep well Mighty P!

Thank you everyone, it's been a shock. We are taking him to an estuary where there is a bunch of trees and stuff- so a nice pretty place to bury him.

Interesting coincidence, last night we found a clutch from the mom and dad of P, we are deciding if we should pull them or not. It would be nice to let them sit the eggs (especially with the timing and all) but since we aren't sure what took P out we may pull them if it was some genetic problem. The birds rarely actually sit their eggs though so seeing the pair sitting some eggs was sort of nice.

thank you

I'm so sorry Mighty P finally lost the battle. It's so hard to lose a friend, especially one that fought so hard to live. Where there is loss of life, there is also rebirth. Maybe it would be nice to let the eggs stay, although I can certainly see your dilemna.

I wish you peace of mind.

Latest posts

Back