RIP Heiney

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxchincerelyxo

PM for pet portraits <3
Last night I worked till 11, checked on everyone before I went to work and when I came home did the same. I noticed that Heiney just looked a bit off, so I took her out to make sure she was okay and as soon as I did I knew she was far from okay.

She wasn't even trying to move or run at all, just sitting like a lap dog. I tried to get her to eat something, and she would take a treat, put it in her mouth and then would just let it sit there-couldn't chew it. My boyfriend was getting my e-pack ready while I sat with her and called my vet to bring her in. Then she started breathing strange and I knew she didn't have long. She died before I even got in the car to take her to get help.

I'm bringing her body to my vet office tomorrow to find out what happened, I'm in total pieces over this. She was my favorite chinnie, would spend hours grooming my boyfriend and I and was a great cage mate to Lena.

All I could do all day was lay in bed and cry. I know that it isn't my fault but I can't help but to sit and wonder how true that statement really is.

The hardest part of having a pet is knowing when to let go :cry3:

017.jpg

DSCF8417.jpg

I am very sorry for your loss. Hopefully you will be able to find out what happened to her so you can be at peace. Please let us know if they find anything.

I am so sorry to hear about Heiney...What a total shock for you. I hope the vet can tell you why she deteriorated so quickly. I think she hung on just for you, so you could be with her in the end. She loved you that much.

Awww, I'm so sorry about Heiney...may she rest in peace!

Sending BIG <<HUGS>> to you!!

I am so sorry for your loss. She was such a sweet chin, I remember the pictures or was it just a story? of her grooming your boyfriend, but it was so sweet.

I'm so sorry. It's never easy to lose one of these little ones that we love so much.

I'm sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl and I know she felt love both for you and from you. I know you will be together again someday over the rainbow bridge.

Now you have your very own Chin Guardian Angel - She will be watching over you until you're together again.

I'm so sorry about your beautiful chin Heiney :(. May she rest in peace. What a shock this must have been for you, I hope you find out from the vet what happened.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Unexpected losses are always the worst. I hope you can get some results/closure from the necropsy. Heiney knew she was loved.

Back