RIP Augusta 08/27/08 - 06/14/10

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

I just put down Augusta due to Malo. Her full sibling (GSC) from a different litter was put down back this past Jan. She was only 2 1/2 hrs old also from malo. Augusta's x-rays on Thursday showed that her roots progress pretty fast from Dec x-rays. She weighed 740 grs on Thursday and today was only 706 grs. It was a hard decision to made but in the long run the best for her. She lost 100 grs in 2 months from April to June.

I'm so sorry, Nan. I know it is heartbreaking that many of Grumpye's offspring are developing these teeth problems, especially after having to put Magyc down also. RIP Augusta.

I have attached the x-rays from December and the ones from June as you've asked. The first two are from December and the second two are from June. Also, here is the link to the original story when her X-rays were first posted in case others wanted to read: http://chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11234&highlight=augusta

Attachments

• EbinerAugustaDec2009lat.jpg
    EbinerAugustaDec2009lat.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 18
  • EbinerAugustaDec2009front.jpg
    EbinerAugustaDec2009front.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 15
  • AugustaAPJune2010.jpg
    AugustaAPJune2010.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 14
  • AugustaLatJune2010.jpg
    AugustaLatJune2010.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 21
I am so very sorry for your loss. A hard decision to make, but you did it in your chin's best interest. May she r.i.p.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I have more daughters that are Grumpye's off springs, (1 - full sister to Magyc (litter mate), and Augusta, 3 - 1/2 sisters with 2 different moms). All of them were x-ray in Dec and Jan.

I just lost a 6 week old baby chin due to intestinal birth defects. We were going to put him down on sunday but he gave up on Thursday. Im sorry for your loss, but putting him down was the best thing to do. In retrospect I wish I had done the same instead of wanting to wait to say goodbye. Sometimes its just whats best for them.

Back