Riddex

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

corneliuschins

Alright, I haven't done any research or looked into this at all. I'm just posting because I had this thought the other day while watching a commercial for Riddex. Their infomercial says that they work by using the electrical system in your house to send electronic pulses to keep away creepy crawlers. I wouldn't buy this, but every time I see the infomercial I wonder if it would affect our chinnies. Does anyone know anything about this? They say it works on mice and rats, so you'd think it'd work on chinnies too.... Just a thought, that keeps coming up every time I see the commercial. - Jessica

I saw that and wondered the same thing. I would think it would work the same way on chins. I wouldn't use it. I wonder if it would keep that rodent of an X of mine away? He makes rats and mice look good.

Chins hearing is almost identical to humans, so if a human can't hear it, a chin probably won't be affected either.

OMG sheri thats too funny...

I am not sure although chins hearing is alot like ours they are still rodents and if Riddex promotes keeping all rodents away I would assume it would have to affect them in some way..

I guess I have a project for today to find out for definate since I am now curious

could not find much info on it..So I called the company themselves...they said they "would assume" it would effect all rodents including chins..But they have no documented proof of that..However they did offer me a free sample to see if I wanted to try it and let them know if it effects the chins..I politely told them no I was not interested in experimenting on my animals..I would not want to hurt them just to find out..

Oh my like you would really want to experiment on your pet! I can't believe they would say something like that. Some people just don't think.

Ah ha... I figured because it said it works on bugs, pests, and small rodents that it wouldn't be a great choice for us Rodent Mommies. The commercial doesn't say anything about specific rodents like the website does. Well, thanks guys I got my answer. I'm glad to hear though that I'm not the only one who sees things like this on TV and wonders about my chins... Ha ha ha ha ha.

Latest posts

Back