Rest in Peace MOM

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETC

HOME OF EXTREME MOSAICS!
To all of my friends on here (and Chins n Quills) who helped me through the terrible illness my mother suffered for the past four years, thank you. She is at peace now. She passed away in her sleep on Wednesday August 5th, just 6 days shy of her 77th birthday. She went by the name Gram E. and even the nurses in the hospital felt like she was like a gramma to them all. (she was hospitalized for four years)
She was an amazing and inspirational woman. “Gram. E.” was a teacher, mentor, best friend, confidante, grandmother, mother and a role model for many people. In the words of her two youngest grand-daughters…”Gram. E. you rock!” She was the “rock” for the entire family. She was a retired teacher, and she took great pride in helping those with “special needs.” Her teaching skills went far beyond classroom walls. Everyone who was fortunate enough to have crossed her path learned something from Gram. E. Her wonderful spirit, quick wit and genuine concern for all living things were only a few of her many attributes. She was proud to be a Finlander and personified the word “sisu”. Gram. E. is now an angel in heaven. and her many close friends and relatives were waiting there for her with open arms. In Gram. E’s own words…”Remember…Rejoice!” She wanted everyone to remember the good times shared with her, and rejoice at the fact that she has joined God in Heaven. She will always be alive in our hearts. We love you Gram. E. MORE!...and I will miss you more than words can say.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was an absolutely incredible person.

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was a loss to the world. May she rest in peace

Heaven's Gain is surely our loss. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Thank you so much everyone. I am still numb and in a daze, doesn't seem quite real yet. I was lucky enough to have her as both a Mother and a best friend.
My heart is breaking for ME, but I am very thankful for HER that she is finally at peace. Heaven is a more beautiful place now that she has gone there. I am sure she is running around (she has been unable to walk for four years) and smiling her beautiful smile for all of the angels up there.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother. The worst thing I've ever done is bury my Mother. She sounds like she was a wonderful person and be glad you had her love, guidance and wisdom all your life. It'll carry you on through the rest of your life, even though she's gone. :kiss:

I'm so sorry for your loss! Gram E. sounds like she was an amazing woman. She is at peace now. Hugs and prayers!

sorry for your loss. I am sure she is at peace and pain free. my grandma died 8-15-86 & i think of her ALL the time!

Did you have a different screen name on CnQ? I remember someone with a sick mother that had been in the hospital for a long time. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad she had such a positive impact on so many lives.

It sounds like she was one of a kind! Im sorry for your loss, it sounds like her life is worth celebrating to the highest degree.

:hug4:

Sending prayers your way

Did you have a different screen name on CnQ? I remember someone with a sick mother that had been in the hospital for a long time. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad she had such a positive impact on so many lives.

Hi there, yes I was cookiesandchips on chins n quills, and my Mom was in the hospital for four years...it was a very long and valiant struggle from an incredible lady.
Thank you for your condolences everyone, it really means a lot!

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about that. I remember making the little plaque for her last year (or was it the year before?). She seemed like a wonderful lady.

*hugs*

Latest posts

Back