Rescues

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTree

I was wondering if anyone knew of any rescues in the New Jersey area. I'm willing to drive. I just put my malo chin down and while I'm not looking to rush out and get a new chin, I do in a few weeks from now want to give an older rescue a good home. I have the empty cage space now and I have the supplies and the love to give. I'm going to let things settle down and finish mourning him but I know it can take awhile to locate a place in the area so I want to start looking now. I want my other boys to settle down and mourn too, but after we've grieved I want to provide a loving home to a chin who truly needs it. But I want an older chin to kind of lessen my chance of another malo chin, this one nearly killed me, I don't know if I could handle it again. Plus everyone always wants the babies and young ones so I can give a good final home for an older chin who would usually be overlooked due to age. If you could let me know of any rescues in NJ, PA, DE, NY, MD thank you

I live in PA, and I have not heard of any rescues but I do know that Barb from Mt. Zion in Hillsborough, NJ sometimes has some up for adoption. She is a member here you can either PM her or check out her site here! Hope this helps.

I rescue chins in pa. I have a 5 yr old standard grey mle that is looking for a good home. If you are interested let me know.

Hi WhiteTree. I was contacted by someone today in East Brunswick needing to surrender her chinchilla. She is moving in a few weeks and isn't able to have her pets in their new home. The chinchilla is a 1.5 yrs old female, and according to the owner is in good health. She comes with "Cage, Wood chews, food, hay, dust bath, dust, exercise ball". The cage is full of plastic so would need to be modified, and of course the exercise ball trashed. There is no adoption fee for her. If you are interested please contact me through PM and I can give her your information.

Hi WhiteTree. I was contacted by someone today in East Brunswick needing to surrender her chinchilla. She is moving in a few weeks and isn't able to have her pets in their new home. The chinchilla is a 1.5 yrs old female, and according to the owner is in good health. She comes with "Cage, Wood chews, food, hay, dust bath, dust, exercise ball". The cage is full of plastic so would need to be modified, and of course the exercise ball trashed. There is no adoption fee for her. If you are interested please contact me through PM and I can give her your information.

I'm looking for a potential cagemate for my one male who just lost his best friend, I have the means to divide the cage in half if they don't get along. But I'm only looking for males. And due to malo showing up before the age of 3 in most cases I'm looking for chins that are older, at least 5 years of age to lessen my chance of dealing with malo again. It nearly killed me this time, I don't think my heart could take another malo chin at this time.

That's fine. :) I just wanted to let you know about her. I'll be honest and say I didn't read through the whole first post before posting. Someone else had let me know about the thread when I posted on facebook about the chin. If I had I would have realize you wanted a male and it would have saved me a bunch of typing. lol

Have you looked at petfinder.com yet?

Small Angels has some listed: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MD179.html

You might also try contacting Forever Feisty Chinchillas. Feistychins, Andrea, is a member here. She is located in CT, but it may be worth contacting her in case she hears of one needing a home in your area.

Back