redone cage! :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2step

mike
Ok so I'm still very new to all of this but I'm on the right path to being the best chin owner I can :). I took out all of the plastic parts out of her cage and made her some ledges and bought her the lava ledges. Her bowl is ceramic and the cut with her hay is ceramic as well. The boards I used are untreated pine. Her water bottle is glass and she has plenty of chew sticks hidden around her cage (I am buying her more hanging ones though) And I have a 100% fleece hammock coming tomorrow her as well. Please give any advice on making it a better cage. Thank you for all the help and all of info on this site I am very thankful. Oh and she now has oxbow food too!

The two pictures compare the old and the new.

Attachments

• IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 126
It looks great!
I had to do the same thing to my cage when I got my girl, she lived in a cage with all plastic for 3 years!

I would just add somemore toys to like you said and I love it!

I agree about the fleece tube. I have yet to meet a chin that doesn't love theirs. :) Other than that though, it looks fantastic!

I just got mine 2 weeks ago & it came with the exact same cage. I'm curious is this enough room for 1?

I'm going to follow what you did. I guess they don't need those little ramp things. Thanks again.

Looks great, Mike! Like the others said, I'm sure a fleece tube and maybe a fleece house would be much appreciated by your cute little girl!

Back