Really dirty ears

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essentia

Jax Chinchilla Rescue
My new rescue, Buttons, has grey ears. I thought these were just the color of them. Upon closer inspection (he wouldn't really let me hold him before so I couldn't get a closer inspection of anything) I realize this isn't the color of his ears. There is a thin layer of caked on dirt covering his ears. :( I knew he wasn't in the best of conditions before Chantel got him, but sheesh! The poor baby. Now that he's letting him handle him, what's the best way about cleaning them? When I say caked on I really mean it. He's been in Chantel's care and then mine for about 1 1/2 months and with dusting this dirt hasn't moved.

I was thinking of baby wipes. Do you think this would work? Does anyone else have any better ideas? Here is a picture of him to get an idea of his ears. I think they are actually pink! :mad::mad:

l_138f4317129a48fdab44aae6fc2a9173.jpg

Poor baby. :(

I just put some bag balm on them because of the dryness (not sure if it's just the dirt or if his ears are dry as well). I figured that could possibly help to soften the dirt as also.

I think he hates me now. :p

I am sure it is not dirt, I have seen a lot of chins with dry ears have it look Dirty!! It is really just dry skin. You already put the bag balm on them so I am sure that will help.

Back