RE: Chinchilla wheel?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillathechinchilla

RE: Chinchilla wheel?

:hiya2: EVRYONE! =)

So I have a chinchilla wheel for my chin, Chilla and she loves running in it.
I would love to upgrade her to the ChinSpin, but at the moment I don't have the money.

So I was wondering what are some good Chin wheel brands that I can buy at my local pet store. I was thinking of getting the silent spinner, but I think only 12 inch ones are available, and I would love a 15 inch one.

Any advice/comments would be helpful!

- Thanks from Soph&Chilla

You can't really find a good wheel at a pet store. There is the chinspin, flying saucer (not a wheel) and there is also a cheaper good alternative at www.chinchillas.com. I have two of those wheels and love them! They are $49.95 + shipping last time I checked.

Edit: Here is the link for the chinchillas.com wheel: http://www.chinchillas.com/estore/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=63

Sorry, I guess the price went up to $54.95 + shipping!

Don't waste money on a wheel that is to small and made of plastic. They cause your chin to arch his back unnaturally and they wear out easily. Save your money and get a good wheel. You won't regret it.

I have used a flying saucer and a silver surfer and loved them both (the saucer just takes up more cage space).

There are no wheels made that are 16 inches except the extremely loud homemade feed pan wheel. All the other chin safe wheels are 14-15 inches, which is fine.

Currently I am using a normal plastic 12 inch one, not the best of quality but it seems to do the job.
She doen't chew it, so I guess I'm fine with it while she's still small. I just wanted to know some good wheels for future references

Latest posts

Back