Raw from "Hair Ring Removal"

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherLouWho

The Squee Queen
Ok. My male is not shy about removing any POSSIBILITY of a hair ring from his member. Problem is, he does his "hair ring check" at least once a day, and has developed a red spot (callous?) at the base. He squeaks when he does his "check," so I am sure he has some pain, but that doesn't stop him. Not sure my vet is particularly savvy. When I took Asa in, he just gave me some Metacam for the pain, which allowed him to continue to "check" his injured member. Surely there is some way I can help him to heal. Any suggestions welcome.
:wacko:

Have you actually checked him for a hair ring? It's possible that he has a small hair wrapped there he can't get. Chins will not over clean themselves without cause.

If you do a through check, you may need a magnifying glass, and find nothing I wouldn't worry about it. The squeak might not be from pain...

I don't think it's that he has a hair ring. I believe he is "playing the flute" recreationally. I just want to know if there is anything I can put on him to help him heal, or help him to resist.

Latest posts

Back