Raisins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people do not give any raisins at all. There are a ton of other good treats that are safer and not controversial. I will admit that very early on (~9 years ago) I gave a raisin here and there. But I never did it after learning the possible issues with bloat and other illnesses.

Go with safe woods, non-sugary shredded wheatie, non-sugary cherrio, rosehips, etc.

I have never given my chinchilla a raisin. I know that some people do, but I've heard it's better to avoid them because they're full of sugar and chins don't really eat fruit as a part of their diet naturally.

My chin loves old fashioned oatmeal! I keep a little jar of it under the cage and whenever I pick it up my chin starts pacing back and forth along the front bars of the cage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I gave him one the other day but I will not give him anymore. That one won't hurt him right?

No, it won't hurt him. Raisins aren't really harmful, and if you gave one every now and then it isn't really an issue. The problem is that people often give way too many too often. Any treat you give needs to be only given in strict moderation. One treat a day is enough of anything....and be careful with serving size on even what people deem as healthy treats.

Latest posts

Back