Questions about Bass Pans

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillachris

Student of my chinchillas
Hello All,
I just ordered myself some pans from the Bass Equipment company, and I have a question. I've heard that the pans need to be painted with rustoleum to prevent rusting/urine seeping in to them, and I need to know, what type of rustoleum should I use? Also, should I use the spray-on rustoleum, or the liquid one? Finally, how long should I let the pans cure? I've heard 14 days, but do they need more? All answers are greatly appreciated! Thanks :) I can't wait to get my extra deep pans.

I never painted my bass pans and they've been working great for years. On the other hand, I've had to paint my run pans with Rustoleum many times. If you're going to just have 1-2 pans, I would go with the aluminum spray on. Since I'm normally coating 30 or more at a time, I get a quart of it and brush it on. I let the pans sit in the hot sun during the day, wash them the next day and they're good to go. I've never had them sit 14 days - if it's hot enough, the paint will dry quickly.

I use galvalume metal for my pans so no painting is needed, it is already done and they last and last.

I've only had a girl, and will be getting a boy soon - so can these pans be used for the corner to prevent urine on walls?

We decided not to waste time painting our pans. Galvanizing means they are already coated and we can always do it later if they do rust. Just don't use vinegar to clean them because it removes the galvanizing.

Latest posts

Back