Questhavenpets wheel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen that wheel before. It looks a lot like the Chin Spin though and the right size too for a chin and the price is lower than the Chin Spin so if you do decide to get one, can you give an update on what you think of it? Thanks.

Edit: They've also got some very nice cages too. Neat site, I think I'll bookmark that one.

Edit Again: Now that I looked through the whole site I didn't really care for it b/c their chinchilla care sheet is not good but I still like that wheel.

Last edited:
Yeah I totally can't afford the chinspin . :( and I need a wheel that is quiet because their cage is in my room. Hmm so the Website doesn't seem trustworthy? Wheels are si expensive . Thank you so much for looking into the website for me . ;) people on this forum are so nice. :)

I have one, its almost a exact duplicate to the ED wheel, the finish is not quite as nice as a CS but the function is fine, just as quiet.

Just to clarify, I wasn't meaning the site was untrustworthy when buying their products, I just had a quick look through the chinchilla section and read their care sheet and I didn't think it was good advice. I'm still interested in seeing if anyone else has one of those wheels though b/c they 'look' to be quite nice.

This is the part of the care sheet I didn't think was good advice:

• Treats: Chinchillas have a very sensitive digestive system. Serve no more than one half level teaspoon per adult chinchilla per day.
• These treats can consist of:
• Raw Sunflower Seeds
• Sliced Almonds
• Fresh Fruit
• Dried Fruit
• Carrots
• Whole Grain Bread or Cereal
• Rolled Oats or whole oats

I have one, its almost a exact duplicate to the ED wheel, the finish is not quite as nice as a CS but the function is fine, just as quiet.
Good to know. I had another look at the details of the wheel and it's actually an inch smaller than the Chin Spin and for some reason I thought they were $35 but they're actually $42 so for those reasons I'll stick to the tried and true Chin Spin. I need two.

The wheels from questhaven are the same as the ED spin. Ed is a very old man that makes them, in fact, I just saw him last Saturday. They are smaller than the Chinspin but works the same.

Ahh such a hard decision! Maybe I'll suck it up, save my next pay check for the chinspin. Thanks so much for everyones input

I wonder if the bearing is any better than the Chin Spin. I have had to replace mine twice already, and the wheel is still less than a year old. I am going to be in need of a new wheel in the next upcoming months, so I may just have to try this.

Edit: Because it just hangs on the cage, I would recommend anyone getting one to hang it on the cage, and then zip tie the bottom and top cross beams to the cage bars. That way there won't be any banging or anything. Also, the chins can't get to the areas that are zip tied because the actual wheel is in the way.

I haven't had problems with them so far. I have 24 of them some of them are over 4 yrs old. I also have the 12 Chinspin which haven't been used yet.

12 chinspind eh? You wouldn't want to sell me one now would youuuu ? ;D

darn, wish this was posted like 3 days ago, I just gave in and ordered 2 chin spins. Oh well.. Its like a $14 difference for both wheels and shipping and the chinspin is an inch bigger. If I need another one for any reason, i'm going to bookmark that site :)

I have had my Ed wheels since they were 1st introduced, they aren't pretty but I have never had to service them.

I have had my Ed wheels since they were 1st introduced, they aren't pretty but I have never had to service them.

I picked up a couple of Ed's spins last weekend. I got a pair of chins, and they had the 11 inch chin spin in their cage. I wanted to get them something bigger. I actually like the look of the Ed's spin better than the chin spin. And the chins are certainly enjoying the new wheel.

Linda

I have 2 of those for about a year now and they are functioning quite well. They are pretty quiet, too like the chin spins. However, the bearings, while quiet are not the best. One bearing's cover came loose, so now the little balls in the bearing are exposed but it is still spinning like normal. I took a pic of the 14" questhaven wheel inside a chin spin for comparison. The running surface for the questhaven wheel is a little shy of 5" while the chin spin is 6".

Dillonwheel.jpg

Wheel aside, I hate having that link up there, because of the misinformation on their site. A black and white? A "rare white recessive beige?" And putting a NEW sticker next to their chins, makes it sound like shopping in a catalogue. Their incorrect information page and their "rare color" animal listings would make it enough not to buy from them, and definitely not to advertise their site.

Standard adult chinchillas weigh around one and a half pounds (450 grams).

450 gm is a pound.

Chinchillas become sexually mature at around eight months. Their gestation period is around 111 days. The domestic chinchilla gives birth to an average of two babies a year.

Seriously! How dangerous is this information? We all know of 3 to 4 month old females who have become pregnant.

• Outdoors: If their cage is kept outside it will need more enclosures to prevent drafts and to protect them from becoming fearful of the possible approach of predators. Wood can be placed on top and sides. Temperatures should never get above 80°F or below 0°F. If you have enough chinchillas so that they can cuddle together, they can tolerate lower minimum temperatures. In their natural habitat it can get 40° below 0.

Gads.

I sent them an email, asking them to join CnH, or at the very least READ it so they post correct information.

Back