Questhavenpets.com

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubi32

Has anyone every ordered from www.questhavenpets.com ? I was thinking about ordering the wheel they have there but wanted to see if anyone here knew if they took a long time to ship stuff out or anything like that. Also if anyone does have the wheel from that website, do you like it? And how wide is the running surface?

This is the link to the wheel:http://www.questhavenpets.com/chinchillas/products/products.html

Thanks for any information!

The wheels she's selling are the Ed's spins or Ed's wheels. I have a few of them, and the running surface is about 5 inches. My big chins (about 1000 grams) have no trouble running on them, and I like the wheels -- prefer them over the chin spins.

Sorry I can't answer how quickly she ships. I picked mine up personally.
Linda

The back of the wheel (how it attaches to the cage) is different than the Ed Wheel. It's also a whole heck of a lot cheaper.

I haven't tried one, but I plan to in the future.

I have 25+ of the Ed wheels. Ed makes 2 different attachments one for Chinworld and the other for questhaven (Mary Ann Holden). I haven't had problems with them. I usually keep them 4 - 5 years and then replace them. It is just a thing I do when I re-do cages there are nothing wrong with the wheels. I usually just give the old ones away. Ed is probably in his 80's.

Last edited:
Thank you for explaining that Snickers. I didn't realize they were one in the same (similar). I wonder why the $20 price difference in them.

I have 3 of these. They are great wheels like the chin spin. I haven't had a problem with them so far except one of the bearing cover came off but that didn't hinder with the spinnning. Quiet and run smooth. They are smaller than the chin spins, 14" in diameter and about 5" running surface. Here's a pic of the back.
CIMG1751.jpg

I waited about a week for them to make the wheels and another week for them to arrive here in the east since they are located in the west so about 2 weeks waiting time.

Thanks for all the input guys! I had no idea the back looked like that- hm. I contacted Quality Cage and they're only taking $2 off without the powder coating on the Chin Spin so the price of this one is looking really good and with such good reviews I'm going to go for it!

Back