Purina Rabbit Chow Show?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently I was looking online at chinchilla feed and I found the PRCS 50lb bag for only 18$. Is this right? I thought that since it was such a great feed it would cost a lot more. If not than that seems like a great deal to me :)

Hmmm.! I don't know much about that feed except that its really good. I'm interested to know the answer to this because that's fabulous!

I get the Manna Pro Sho Rabbit Formula for $20 per 50lbs.
Have to special order it through our local Tractor supply, though.
So much better than paying 14.99 for 5lbs of Oxbow either way!

Oh I'm always going to complain about the price when we have the mill so close, yet others get it way cheaper and it's shipped in. Darn those rabbit people! lol Nah, it could be worse, but it's always been $5 more on average here than elsewhere. When we do see it, we stock up cause it's typical for them to run out at the feed store! Better than say the $62 I pay for 20# bag of parrot food and the turds just fling it everywhere! Ughhh

In Jersey the price for a 50lb bag runs me around 18 - 20. I also buy a 30lb (i think) bag of Mazuri chinchilla food for about the same amount. i mix the two with some of my boys.

In Jersey the price for a 50lb bag runs me around 18 - 20. I also buy a 30lb (i think) bag of Mazuri chinchilla food for about the same amount. i mix the two with some of my boys.

Mishellyshel, where do you get yours? I think were not to far from one another right?

Is anyone interested in sending me a bit to see if my chins will like it?

I dont want to switch for financial reasons but oxbow is 15$ for 10lbs here.....its too expensive. If they can be healthy on something cheaper ill try it

I buy mine from Reber Ranch in Kent. A 50lb bag runs $22 now. use to be $20. Everything cost more now

ARGHHHH I am trying to get this feed and I seriously cannot find a feed supply within 30 minutes from me that will order it. AHHH :hair:

I dont want to switch for financial reasons but oxbow is 15$ for 10lbs here.....its too expensive. If they can be healthy on something cheaper ill try it

I switched from Oxbow as well...I just couldn't justify spending more for 10lbs of Oxbow than what I would spend on 50lbs of PRCS. All my fuzzies gained weight on it and are doing really well. I'm glad I switched. :)

I switched from Oxbow as well...I just couldn't justify spending more for 10lbs of Oxbow than what I would spend on 50lbs of PRCS. All my fuzzies gained weight on it and are doing really well. I'm glad I switched. :)

Rub it in! :tease: My oh my I hope I find somewhere! So much money to save!!!

Sam--I sent you the links & will send you some samples. With four chins, a 50lb bag should last about 6 months. The place I get mine, which is Rosedale Mills in Pennington Nj gets very fresh shipments. Last bag I purchased in October was actually milled in October. Just make sure if you decide to go that they have it in stock. It should stay fresh for at least the 6 months it takes to go thru. I put mine in a large plastic holder that is on wheels. It would be worth the trip if you only need to come twice a year. They have oxbow hay as well but I get mine online because I buy 25 lbs at a time. I alsO buy my shavings there. Big bag...under 6 bucks! Its close enuf that I only get 2 at a time but it's definitely worth it compared to the pet stores. PM me if you have any questions.

I'm calling the tractor supply tomorrow and seeing if they have it, if not I looked up the retailers that sell Purina products in Iowa and there are like 50 of them, so if I can't get it there, I have many other places to choose from.

That's such a good deal! Chinchy's on Oxbow now, but I wanted to switch him to something that would work for feeding the two young rabbits we have in as well, as I'm paying 15 bucks for a 10 pound bag of each type of food. This'll work much better for us! :thumbs:

Back