Pumpkin pie recipe?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DianeK

Well this is really gonna show me up but does anyone have a good pumpkin pie recipe? I made it once and it was truly awful, don't know what I did wrong but I thought I might try one more time.:thumbsup:

LOL The only one I make anymore is a soy pumpkin cheesecake because my vegan pumpkin pies aren't so great otherwise. I can share that recipe...but you probably want the real thing! :)

You can do a websearch on pumpkin pie, there are a billion of them out there that all turn out to be very nice!

1 cup pumpkin mash (out of the pumpkin that is, I don't use canned)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (More or less to taste, I like it with some kick)
Pie Shell (premade, packaged or home made is up to you, but I can give you my crust recipe if you need it)

Mix up the milk and eggs in a large bowl until they're well-blended, then stir in the pumpkin and spices. Pour that into the shell and bake @ 375 for 10 min, then back the oven temp down to 350 for another 35 min. or until a toothpick into the custard comes out clean. Let it cool in the oven like you would a cheesecake.

Thank you 3CsMommy, I shall give that a try, with a pre made pie crust, my pastry is not good!!!!! I can make great cakes though :thumbsup:

When I make pumpkin pie, I just follow the recipe on the back of the pan. I do have a great pumpkin cheesecake recipe if anyone wants it!!

LOL The only one I make anymore is a soy pumpkin cheesecake because my vegan pumpkin pies aren't so great otherwise. I can share that recipe...but you probably want the real thing! :)

You can do a websearch on pumpkin pie, there are a billion of them out there that all turn out to be very nice!

Are you still making this recipe? I have tried so many vegan pumpkin pie recipes and I always end up disappointed. I am looking for a good pumpkin pie recipe. How does the cheesecake change the pumpkin-ness of it? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back