Pumpkin got into plastic !!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pumpkin is lucky to have you as an owner. Although it was unfortunate that Pumpkin got into the plastic in the first place, you did the right thing and acted quickly and got her the help she needed. I hope she continues to improve for you!

Thank you all for your kind words ,between the forum and the mistakes Ive made Im learning everyday how to be a great mom to my chinnie <3

Mary, thanks for posting this thread and giving the warning about the plastic bag!

I store my hay in a large Ziploc, and your story startled me! I'm definitely switching to jars!

Thanks Kalandra for asking how Pumpkins been ,shes doing really well actually. She finally passed all plastic and is finally back to eating normally . I took her back to the vet about a week after the first visit because even after taking motility drugs 3 times a day for 5 days she still wasn't eating and drinking like normal but the doctor checked her out and said she was fine so I took her home and hoped for the best and she did eventually get back to the swing of eating hay like a normal chinnie. I have also since moved her hay out of the plastic bag and into a large plastic bin in the hopes that even if it would get close to her cage it would be immpossible for her to each nearly as much plastic as she did out of that stupid bag,but the bin stays far away from the cage so I think this incident has taught me to be much more careful . Thanks agian everyone for your concern and help in this difficult time .

I heard that if hay is kept in air-tight containers, it can get moldy easily. So drilling holds into the plastic container might be a good idea.

Latest posts

Back