P'tites Pattes

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saphire

Christiane's Chinchillas

Hello, this little guy was at a pet store and broke his leg. They brought him in and the vet. has décided to amputate. But they cannot keep him.
Therefore I will be picking him up Monday to bring him in and have him back on track weight and health wise and hope to find him a furever home. Pictures of his progress will be posted.
So if anyone is interested or knows of anyone please get in touch with me.

He deserves a good home.

Ouch... poor little guy! I'm sure he'll come around in no time!

Since it looks like this is more of an update thread and not a Craigslist ad, I went ahead and moved it to Chin Chat for you. This way you can continue to post updates on him here & make a rescue ad for him when he's ready. :))

Last edited:
Oh, that'd be great to see him progress. How kind of you to take him in. Here's to a good and speedy recovery.

I picked him up on Monday. He does look exactly as on the picture at the vet... his weight is 422g and very skinny. Half of his body has been shaven and is growing back. He Is in excellent spirit and taking dust baths galor. He is not eating all that much, but that is understandable. We shall watch over himhsee soon. I will be taking a picture of him this week-end. I would like him to look a little more fluffy before I do.

my camera battery is down, so it is being recharged for picture.

Well P'tites Pattes has an infection in the limb, He is on fruit flavour Baytril and is taking it in a stride and is eating also. I am hoping he will do well.

Aaw poor little guy... I sure hope he'll be alright... If I had more room I would consider taking care of him, as you know my vet's a good one ;)
I'm sure he'll recover just fine with you taking care of him ^_^

Finally an Update.... sorry for the delay

Well I think this is good news for now.

Obviously he has an infection but the she (Vet.) did not talk to me about reopenning the wound. The bacteria found in his wound, is one found in the mouth, therefore she believes he tried chewing his stitches at the time and got infected. So, when I got him, I was right in believing for the redness.

Anyhow, I how have to drain the sore and give him 5 shots of Duplo LA once a week and Baytril Daily. We are fighting this to the core hoping he will be back on track within the month.

This little guy once on track will need an amazing home. He is such a strong, nice, very much of a little chinchilla and has gone through so much that, he will deserve the best of the best like all the chins deserve, but him just a notch higher. LOL

Got part of his medical file from the first vet, and he was put under 3 days in a row.

This being said, he is doing well and still going at it like nothing is happening.

Well I think this is good news for now.

Obviously he has an infection but she (Vet.) did not talk to me about reopenning the wound. The bacteria found in his wound, is one found in the mouth, therefore she believes he tried chewing his stitches at the time and got infected. So, when I got him, I was right in believing he had an infection from the redness.

Anyhow, I how have to drain the sore and give him 5 shots of Duplo LA once a week and Baytril Daily. We are fighting this to the core hoping he will be back on track within the month.

This little guy once on track will need an amazing home. He is such a strong, nice, very much of a little chinchilla and has gone through so much that, he will deserve the best of the best like all the chins deserve, but him just a notch higher. LOL

Got part of his medical file from the first vet, and he was put under 3 days in a row.

This being said, he is doing well and still going at it like nothing is happening.

Back