Pro Sho Rabbit Food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutiePie

Member Here :)
I am thinking of putting my future chin on mana pro sho rabbits food.
There are different kinds though, which one is best and healthiest out of this kind of food? What should the protein % be, ect?

There is like the actual show kind for show rabbits and then there is the kind for all rabbits and then there is the kind for the pregnant/nursing doe rabbit. They have to be different in some way, which is the kind I should get?

I would use the Purina Show Rabbit Chow. A lot of people sell it on here by the pound because it only comes in a 50 lb. bag.
I would use it only because it is one of the best types of food for chins. I put my first two chins onto a different food from the PSRC and it didn't go well with their stomach. However, every chin is different. But the Purina Rabbit Show Chow is one of the best brands and the healthiest for chins. It is supposed to keep them healthy looking and their coat will look better.

I do sell PRSC, but I wanted to let you know that my chins (and rabbits) are doing great on it!!! It does help their coat, which has been important for Zipper since he seems to have some issues with that. A reason this is great is because it has no corn in it!

Many of the breeders here on the West Coast use Manna Pro Sho rabbit and have had good results. I have used it for the last five years.

Manna Pro makes a Sho, Gro, and Pro formula. Sho is the one you want with a 16% protein level and higher digestibility with added probiotics and enzymes. The Pro is more of a standard rabbit pellet and the Gro is a higher protein pellet but in my experience, the Sho formula's ingredients work well as a chinchilla feed, especially if you show! My chins have beautiful coats and consistently do well on the show table. Of course genetics plays a huge role but a good feed program allows them to reach their full potential.

Many of the breeders here on the West Coast use Manna Pro Sho rabbit and have had good results. I have used it for the last five years.

Manna Pro makes a Sho, Gro, and Pro formula. Sho is the one you want with a 16% protein level and higher digestibility with added probiotics and enzymes. The Pro is more of a standard rabbit pellet and the Gro is a higher protein pellet but in my experience, the Sho formula's ingredients work well as a chinchilla feed, especially if you show! My chins have beautiful coats and consistently do well on the show table. Of course genetics plays a huge role but a good feed program allows them to reach their full potential.

So...I would want the one that says for "show rabbits" then?

So...I would want the one that says for "show rabbits" then?

Yes, most everyone uses the one that says : Purina Show Rabbit Chow

:)

It only comes in 50lb bags so if you don't have like 16 chinchillas then I would buy it by the lb. from someone on here. That is what I do and I only have 3 chins :)

Latest posts

Back